Truthful Joe/Sane Joe/Wide-Awake Joe and the Polls

1 Like

Biden has largely served his purpose of preventing Trump from a second term in 2020. Now he needs to figure out how to prevent it from happening in 2024.

Probably he needs to push hard on being a centrist. That might begin with accepting the bipartisan infrastructure bill. The Democrats don’t have the margins they need to run the table on everything they want. He needs to set a more realistic tone.

One way or another, he needs to hand the torch to someone to run against Trump in 2024. Harris doesn’t seem to be visible enough at this point for that. Sure, that can change in the next two years, but she is not in a good spot right now.

1 Like

Quality thread title imo.

3 Likes

DeSantis will win the nomination (and presidency) imo

1 Like

Just let it go, dude…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You don’t think Trump has a chance? I’d like to believe that.

I’m sure that’s what he meant.

I guess I need help from our right wing on the group think.

I doubt you need help on groupthink.

This is your thread. I feel I have already put in more effort than you have contributing to it.

Your move.

Amy Klobuchar was my pick in 2020 and she’s still my pick. Here’s hoping! :crossed_fingers:

Gawd I hope not. I mean, that would be better than Trump winning, but that ain’t saying much.

I’m really sick of the Trump talk on here, but I’ll bite.

Your last posts indicate you are delusional to think Trump has a chance. Maybe he could win the primary, but he would get smashed in a general. Have you already forgotten he got smashed in the very last f’ing election we had? And that was BEFORE the Capitol storming event. He’s not coming back. Put it to bed and move on.

This is speculation on my part, but Biden is playing politics and thus shows no signs of not wanting to run for a second term. I don’t think we’ll see a challenger to him from the Democrats. I could be wrong, though.

A lot of negatives to parse in there…

:wink:

Seems clear enough for a middle schooler to understand the way I read it.

I would be surprised if there was a serious challenger. Certainly not likely to be Klobuchar.

But he isn’t required to seek re-election. LBJ didn’t in 1968 (and having served less than half of JFK’s term, he was eligible to run in 68, but he chose not to). I think it would be pretty disingenuous to say that RFK or Humphrey were challenging LBJ.

Given Biden’s age, it has long been speculated that he may choose to not run in 2024.

I’ll start to feel better when the polls show another favorite for the GOP. I do see a recent headline behind a paywall where Desantis has been gaining ground, so you may be right.

Biden won by a fairly narrow margin in a few key states. A lack of enthusiasm for Biden and a short memory for Trump could change the outcome.