Trump Arrest Watch

Did Trump just admit to the charges in the Letitia James case?

You mean by saying the Financial Statement, presumably made by his company for the purpose of, say, tax computation, is incorrect, and that the leader of the company KNOWS it’s incorrect?

2 Likes

He’ll just say something to the effect of “my leadership is an important part of the company and make it stronger than what it looks like to the losers on mainstream media that probably have never owned a company, and that’s all I meant.”

I tried to make the above sound stupid but can’t fully replicate his writing patterns without disliking myself.

2 Likes

The Fulton County GA investigation may be heating up:

Reportedly some fake electors are flipping on others. Perhaps even more interesting, Willis offered some of the fake electors immunity deals last year. The attorney for the electors told the court that her clients weren’t interested. There’s a new filing saying the attorney for the fake electors never made the immunity offers to some of her clients, so the DA is asking the attorney to be removed

:popcorn:

2 Likes

I clicked on the link to read the story. While I was there, I got a video ad that is anti-DeSantis. That’s the first I’ve seen. Are there more in Georgia?

I posted the above a few weeks ago in the election thread. I’ve seen one other since (2 total).

Any indictment decisions from the probe into election interference in GA will be happening this summer.

:popcorn:

That seems so far away.

2 Likes

Should have the rape trial ongoing and likely finished first.

Carrol direct testimony done. I assume Turmp’s attorneys get to cross next.

Sounds like Trump himself will keep his testimony confined to Truth Social threats.

It seems to me that a witness intimidation trial at this point would be a slam dunk.

3 Likes

The fake elector in GA that also facilitated the unauthorized copying of election data is joining Trumps motion to try to get all info from the special grand jury tossed. One theory of why she’s doing this: some fake electors reportedly are flipping and pointing the finger at at least one other that broke state law. She certainly could be who some are pointing at given her other transgressions

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23792343-spgj-motion-joining-the-trump-motion-to-quash

Trump lawyers request mistrial, denied.

I assume that was more for setting up a potential appeal than any real feeling they were going to get a mistrial because they feel the judge has been unfair.

idjt’dyp

1 Like

I think they objected to the fact that they weren’t allowed to slut shame the victim

2 Likes

Trump won’t testify in his defense (presumably b/c cross-examination would suck), and their expert witness has “health issues” so there will be no defense witnesses at all. But E. Jean Carroll’s side is playing excerpts of Trump’s deposition so I guess Trump is testifying for the plaintiff.

1 Like

Not an arrest watch, just Trump taking another L in court

2 Likes

Jurors hearing E. Jean Carroll’s civil suit against Donald Trump Thursday were shown a deposition video of the former president confusing the accuser Marla Maples.

“It’s Marla,” Trump said during a deposition for the case when shown a picture of him, Carroll and Carroll’s ex-husband in the 1980s. “That’s Marla, yeah. That’s my wife,” Trump continued before being corrected by his lawyer, Alina Habba. “No, that’s Carroll,” Habba said.

2 Likes

3 Likes

He’s just knocking it out of the park. Asked in a deposition about his comment that “when you’re a star, they let you” (grab them by the p*ssy, just start kissing them, etc.), he responded, “If you look over the last million years, that’s largely true”. Asked if Trump considered himself a star, he said he was.

2 Likes