Transgender trends and politics in the US

What if a trans player in the WNBA made it profitable?

Who should decide this? The public? The government?

Ah. The NBA.
So, we will let them decide. Not our money, not our problem.

The WNBA is no longer subsidized by the NBA, so I’d so 0 more years.

HILL: Well, I think it’s also important to obviously look at league revenue. The WNBA, for example - they just raised, somewhat recently, $75 million in additional capital. When the WNBA first started, every WNBA team was subsidized by a NBA team. That is no longer the case. The private interest in owning a team in the WNBA is at an all-time high, and that speaks to the growth. They signed a new collective bargaining agreement a couple years ago where they got an increase in salary. And I do think within the next 10 years, if not sooner, the league is going to be at a point where these women do not have to go overseas to supplement or boost the salary they’re making.

wow, ten years!
Heck, I’m surprised that some of those women going overseas still play in the WNBA. Take a freaking break, preserve your bodies!

Then it wouldn’t be the WNBA.

The owners?

That’s a start. How’re the profits?

Why do you care? Interested in buying a team? Or, interested in shorting the WNBA?

I was responding to what I interpreted as a misinterpretation or misrepresentation.

In the LA Times today:

I can paste if it is requested.

Pretty lengthy read, but I like the first dozen or so paragraphs. I’ll try to tackle finishing it later tonight.

The only annoying thing about the site is the “frequent” popup asking me to login/sign up.

You get what you pay for, IMO.
It’s a good read.

1 Like

Florida’s ban on trans healthcare has been struck down by a Federal judge. Ban affected hormones and puberty blockers for minors, and made it really hard for adults to get care as well.

In his ruling, Hinkle said that it was “clear that anti-transgender animus” motivated bill sponsors and some legislators who approved the law.

“Transgender opponents are of course free to hold their beliefs,” Hinkle wrote. “But they are not free to discriminate against transgender individuals just for being transgender. In time, discrimination against transgender individuals will diminish, just as racism and misogyny have diminished. To paraphrase a civil-rights advocate from an earlier time, the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”

Along with striking down the rules banning kids with gender dysphoria from accessing medical treatment, Hinkle also struck down rules that required transgender adults to only get medical treatment from physicians, instead of from other kinds of health providers.

5 Likes

So,… never?

I think its pretty safe to say racism has improved over the last 250 years in the US given we used to have enslavement on the basis of race and no longer have enslavement…

“Oh, but for those lovely times before Civil Rights and all that crap, when a Black Man could proudly during from a fountain untainted by white folk (or so I want to believe)…”
– Stupid Ass Scott, Senator (R) SC

If my loss ratio drops from 80% to 20% I still have losses, but the situation has improved.

Somewhat relevant, there’s a fundie church here locally. They defied all the COVID orders, and preach death to gays. Bunch of hateful nutjobs.

They.need more room. They tried to buy the land next to them, and the city denied it. Looks.like they’ll have to move. Lots of land in Nunavut, I’m just saying.

2 Likes

Thats just being mean to the Inuit.
And reindeer.
And polar bears.

Bears gotta eat.

1 Like

in my county there was a ban on transgender women competing in county facilities, that eventually was over turned.

The sport that brought it down was roller derby