Tonal

I don’t know if I said this already but I bought the damn thing.

Unfortunately the Friday delivery did not go as planned. Some very sarcastic emails have gone out to the delivery company and I’m still waiting to hear back if I’ll ever receive what I orded.

2 Likes

Post long weekend update:

It appears the Tonal delivery people (RXO) are very unconcerned about my emails. They tried calling me once this morning and then sent me the standard “schedule your delivery now” link - which takes you to their online scheduling app… woops… nope it takes you to their phone number to call and schedule your delivery (that seems like a husband problem).

I’m thoroughly unimpressed by the service thus far.

They DID get your money, though, right?
So, depending on the various PsOV, the service could be awesome. Money delivered.

But yes, a company that cannot be bothered to figure out how to deliver their product after a few years of being in business (contract with UPS/FedEx, USPS should do it) is not something that bestows confidence in the product. And, especially, the eventual return of said product.

Yep, RXO is pure garbage but as far as I can tell they have virtually no competitors because they deliver products for a lot of major US brands and are consistently shit.

Um, that’s not a “monopoly.” That is just an exclusive contract to ship an individual product to an individual site. RXO doesn’t seem to be the type of company that can do this (looking at their website). Seems more about shipping shitloads of products from all over the place to all over the place.

Contracts can be terminated for shitty service. Guessing some Tonal exec is connected to RXO? (Money following.) And I noted above several, more competent competitors in the delivery industry.
Sure, it’s nice they’re not using Amazon, cuz you might get delivered a Tonal knockoff.

Does RXO also install and help the consumer work the machine?

Or, is all this basically a “we are out stock, but we don’t want to say that out loud” kind of thing, and RXO is the company that has been contracted to take the fall?

Heck, even RXO can subcontract to UPS or USPS or FedEx if they cannot handle this.

Um, at what point did anyone make this claim?

They can. But that would require finding an alternative to provide the service. Given contracts have not been terminated despite years and years of crappy service, I came to the conclusion that they have virtually no competition.

Yes, part of the delivery process for the products with which I am familiar (Peloton, Samsung appliances) is installation and, if applicable, removal of old appliances.

1 Like

Um…

OK, so they seem to be “the only company in the world” that can install and explain how to use this machine? That seems rather far-fetched. Guessing any handyman could install it, and anyone who can read should be able to comprehend the instruction manual, assuming there is one. Or, is it deliberately challenging, thus suckering in the naive? (no offense, Tonal buyers.)

Maybe no other company wants to do it, for the shit rate Tonal is paying?
Just trying to understand this issue, and why no one dares to make it public so that Tonal pays for their insolence.

Take this as a sign to cancel your order

Five total delivery attempts - 1 Tonal. My bedroom smelled like an ashtray after the guys left.

In related news, everything hurts and I’m dying.

2 Likes

I think Ryder is a competitor delivery company for Tonal (at least in my area). I’m not sure it would have helped our situation - the Tonal people don’t seem to have their shit together when it comes to when or who they should be sending extension brackets to. I indeed needed an extension bracket and this was the source of 2 failed delivery attempts. The other 2 we won’t talk about because I did already in the Annoyed Thoughts thread and also I’m so mad about it that I’m no longer mad about it.

Husband escalated to the Tonal CEO which got some attention but mostly resulted in a lot of different people calling us but still not making anything much faster.

I like the actual product so far. I’d like it better if I could order the extension bracket covers for it but the Tonal Gear Shop is “under construction until early 2023”. It seems like it might be early 2023 already but what do I know about anything.

OK, now that you’re committed for the next several years (amortizing the cost)…

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Ease into this! Overdoing early is the best way to get discouraged.
So, find the shortest sessions and do them for a week or so. Then, choose longer and more intense sessions.

1 Like

I chose the beginniner level 4x/4 weeks guided strength training session with one of the hot chicks (Gabby) which at the time felt like nothing but after dance lessons yesterday I suddenly went into full body muscle shock. But Tonal automatically adjusts the weights for me so I’m assuming it knows/will soon find out that my current fitness level is mild to moderate couch potato.

Please drink water, and lots of it.
And, please eat right, which I recommended back in January. You body will require actual nutrition to recover.

2 Likes

go on…

1 Like

I know you guys like statistics so… apparently 270 is a pretty good score.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

So… $4000, eh?
Need to add another factor in my actuarial analysis…

Plus delivery (unless you have RXO in which case you’ll eventually be refunded).

Also a monthly subscription of which I’m grandfathered into $49/month but you chaps would pay $59.

Remember that recovery time is critical to strength training.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about this.