Timewasters

This one was harder for me. Played on hard mode.

Wordle 208 4/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Got the first one I tried in my last guess. Fun game.

:black_large_square: :yellow_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
:black_large_square: :yellow_square: :yellow_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
:green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :yellow_square:
:green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :green_square: :black_large_square:
:green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
:green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square:

Which one were you/OddSox?

This one was harder for me than yesterday.

Wordle 208 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

WHat is “hard mode”? Serious question.

suppresses giggles - eta - i had that in brackets and it didn’t show up

1 Like

To me it’s not really that different from how I already play. You have to use previous clues in your subsequent guesses. So if you know C and Z are used in the word, but not in the space you used it, your next word has to use C and Z in different spaces. If you know S is not in the word, you can’t use S in your next guess. Makes it harder to come up with words and avoids confirmation guesses.

You can opt in under settings.

thanks!

Wordle 208 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

I am Rii (as in Tiffa-Rii), OddSox is Adagio (because he was a music major).

1 Like

Wordle 208 5/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:

TIL that you can use letters more than once

Is there anyway to go back and play old puzzles?

Changed my mind!!!

Wordle 208 5/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

My first-ever play and I got it on the 2nd try (2/6)
Once I had the information on the top row, I could only think of one word after 60-90 seconds
Like this game!

Wordle 208 2/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:

OK I made a WORDLE thread in the games section…

3 Likes

Crossposting from the wordle thread:

I’ve managed to try out a few strategies and I’ve gotten a few words in five guesses but I can’t seem to do any better than that.

http://wikitrivia.tomjwatson.com/

Kinda fun

I’ve been trying to see if I can end up with a word that has a “Q” in it. Haven’t found one yet. I have gotten “Z”.

https://tjukanovt.github.io/notable-people

A map with birthplaces of notable people

Notable people

Using data from Morgane Laouenan et al., the map is showing birthplaces of the most “notable people” around the world. Data has been processed to show only one person for each unique geographic location with the highest notability rank. Click below to show people only from a specific category.

Made by Topi Tjukanov.

Inspired by People Map of the U.S by The Pudding.

Interesting to look at the notability indexes. Obama is #1 and Trump is #2. Adolf Hitler is 4. Michael Jackson is 6 and Elvis is 10. Nelson Mandela is 15.