Threads from the AO you hope/wish would continue here

he is on here, but I think he was mostly talking about this in discord.

here’s an invite link to CS’s discord if you want to join:

I decided i wanted to keep my posts about visiting houses of worship. So i searched for them, and manually copied and pasted them elsewhere. I was glad the “back door” was open long enough for me to do that.

Changing your name to DWS_non-fan?

That is not a “friendly” name. Somebody got in trouble for using an unfriendly ID.

i’m starting to suspect something here…

nah, doesn’t really appeal to me.

From another thread.

ao_fan:  that name is unfriendly no matter how you twist it.

Polemicist:  I did not realize there was a friendliness requirement for user names.

ao_fan:  the freezing of that account didn’t clue you in to this rule?

Just supporting the cause.

i think it’s more than that

A guy tries to be funny, and all of a sudden it more than something.

That was actually intended for DTNF - DWSNF seems benign

i’m not sure what the rules are on linking alts here, so i’m not gonna guess something…

but you’re already insinuating it, so yeah, i suspected that was you.

I’m not sure what you are suspecting. Just kinda poking fun at the fact you called that one ID “unfriendly.” Your words. Not mine.

So, I said that DWS_non-fan was “unfriendly,” too.

i’m suspecting that aofan_nonfan or whatever it was is you.

is there a reason why this site needs to be friendly towards DW Simpson? It’s a company, not a person, and not all that personal given that they shut down the ao on us, so there would be a pretty obvious reason for the id. i’m not gonna make it anyway though.

Mods: Is alt-specuation allowed?

1. I don’t do it.
  2. I see no reason for alts.

then quit insinuating it’s you and i won’t suspect it.

Yes, ma’am

I get that they are in the business of making money and so am I. On the other hand, I would easily take (and have taken) time out of my day to help people who want to break into the profession, grow in the profession, etc. End of the day, we are all human beings and if we are 100% out for ourselves, that’s a really crumby way to live. And you know what? Those 2 did not play the long game because if and when I was looking for an experienced job down the line, I would’ve 100% reached out to specifically them. Kind of like a Pretty Woman scenario… “You work on commission, right? ::flashes solid job offer got using competing recruiting company:: Big mistake!”

Follow-up questions to my rant: How do the recruiters get paid? Is it a % of the salary that the candidate gets in their job offer? Do they get a benefit if the person stays there longer?

OK, those TWO recruiters did a shit job, not playing the long game. but trust me, they don’t really care. Waiting around for you to find your Richard Gere doesn’t pay the short-term bills.
If that is the environment of DWS, then sure, take it out on all of the staff.
But, the recruitment/sales environment attracts a certain type of person. And, as you have undoubtedly seen in your career, their personality often clashes with that of actuaries.
So, you find the recruiter who pretends to care about your career, because they’ve learned how to play the game. Is that person any better for you, just for that? I’d say no.

I believe it’s usually stipulated that you have to stay 6 months or a year or something along those lines. I believe it is based on the salary and that the percentage of salary is fairly high.