Thread to talk about drinking

:wine_glass:

Finishing the last of the Malbec.

ETA: Following up with a scotch. :tumbler_glass:

Hall bathroom left open, lid up. Good times :dog:

2 Likes

:lolup:

U fansee!!!

Tonight is craft beers for trivia night.

Then volleyball (so, prolly only two or three beers at trivia).

Then some domestics with the guys and gals afterward.

We were having margaritas, and I always have issues salting the rims without actual limes. Using a paper towel and lime juice yielded so-so results.

So I decided to devote part of a new sponge to the cause and it worked brilliantly. So now hubby & I are enjoying margaritas in perfectly salted margarita glasses.

How are you having margaritas without actual limes…aren’t they a key ingredient?

:tropical_drink:

Vodka + mango

This thread made me realize that I should be drinking a beer right now. Going to make it a Delerium Tremens. :beer:

2 Likes

I had a beer and two.

Limes are a key ingredient, but I was taking the easy way out and using Costco’s pre-mixed margaritas. They’re like 95% as good as making your own from scratch for like 5% of the effort.

My philosophy for many things in life.

So an amplified version of the Pareto principle - a margareto?

1 Like

Hmm, I will have to try that. I like margaritas, but I don’t like effort.

1 Like

Basically! They really are pretty darn good.

I find that with their pesto it’s even more than that. Their pesto is better and cheaper than mine, and a whole heckuva lot easier.

We get Costco’s margarita mix but not the premixed. I’ve debated getting the premixed, so your endorsement has bumped it into the try category. Something to drown my sorrows when I can’t find Corona there. Again.

1 Like

I like their pesto with their organic Spinach and Cheese ravioli. Haven’t tried it with a margarita yet - which would be a quick meal and quick beverage.

1 Like

I’ve not tried the mix… just the ready-to-drink ones.

And only the regular, not the strawberry. But I do endorse the regular ready-to-drink margaritas! :+1:t2:

Have you not tried the premixed strawberry or is it gross?

I have never gotten into strawberry margaritas in the first place, so I have not tried it.