Thread to discuss all things wine

Champagne. Meh. I can take it or leave it

My wife likes it though. Tends to over-indulge in it at weddings.

I have concluded that for my GI health I no longer desire drinking anything carbonated

Chevy and Cadillac are also produced by the same company - which would you rather drive?

1 Like

The vertical chardonnay tasting was very educational. Paired with nuts and cheeses, they each had some wonderful flavors.
Then we went to three other wineriescand tasting rooms. Got some dinner, then topped it off with Doc Burnstein’s ice cream.

Ditto, except mamosas, love mamosas

Something we looked at yesterday morning on our wining weekend.

what am I looking at

A “Euphoria” episode, I think.
That was my wife’s pic. Mine were quite blurry. We couldn’t get closer, nor did we have an actual SLR camera.
I think you have to cross your eyes a bit.

I’ll let someone else blurt out the answer.

Was there a vintage that was your favorite? How did the wine transform as it got older?

I haven’t had much experience with aged Chardonnay as most of the Chardonnay I’ve experienced is drink-now. I did have some Fisher Chardonnay which was 12 years old or so and still going strong. I believe Chardonnay made in the White Burgundy style (more minerality and less fruity) is good for aging.

This wasn’t a “true” vertical. There were two different style Chardonnays in each of two different years.
The sommelier had us write our own notes on nose, taste, finish, etc. She asked us to just say what you first think of. She would then tell us what her notes said.
One char was 2008 and 2012. The 2008 was much darker, and a lot earthier. Tasted different but still very good. My wine buddies and I thought it was on the backside of its peak. We both bought the 2012, which tasted a lot better. The other char was 2014 and 2016. They used concrete eggs for fermenting instead of oak or steel, so fruitier. We didn’t buy these.
We also tasted each vintage with various cheeses, dried fruit, and nuts to see how the taste changes.

No one have an idea of what is in that picture above?

1 Like

I thought this was a typo, a joke, or something intentionally misleading. Then I looked it up. Call me surprised.

1 Like