Things to consider before building a house

Looks like they finished all the wine.

For the love of God, Montresor!!!

Hey, that’s where you can hide (or at least, where you can hide your friend) when the SS comes around.

Well: self-sufficient water source, minimize unnecessary additives (e.g., chlorine, treated/filtered only as needed after a professional analysis), no monthly water bill (pump powered by combo solar/geothermal)

Ok, fair enough. For me that’s not good enough reason to deal with the negatives of having a well, but others will have different priorities.

Unless you’re on the highest ground around well water has stuff much worse than chlorine in it.

When we lived on a Vermont mountain, a well was the only way to get water; just needed iron filter.

Yeah, groundwater around here is often contaminated with stuff that was dumped 50 years ago, not to mention disease risk. My municipal water has chlorine, but it’s tested for all kinds of nasty stuff, and treated when they find it. I’m quite happy to have municipal water.

2 Likes

Same… I consider a well to be a SIGNIFICANT negative. If it was the perfect home in every other respect, maybe. But that would definitely be a minus for me, not a plus.

But you’ll be sorry you don’t have a well when the zombie apocalypse comes.

Utterly rivetting!!!

1 Like

Do you need rivets for a house?

1 Like

Years from now -

“We started off as a small rivet making company but now we’re the world’s biggest producer of flying cars and deep sea submersibles. We got our big break with free advertising via an actuarial forum.“

7 Likes

I’ve never had an issue with my well. It’s due to be examined and maybe the pump replaced in a few years, but no problems. Might change my mind if I ever had a power outage more than a few hours.

My buddies father is an engineer, and likely autistic…or something like that. He moved to a place with a well. Started having problems, so he did a full analysis, figured out the problem, and designed a part as a solution.

He went to the company that does wells, explained the problem and asked them to make him that part. Well company said, oh, they must not have installed a part, it’s on the shelf, here it is.

Buddies dad then proceeds to re explain the problem, and demand his solution…which was just the part sitting on the counter in front of him. Lol.

The guy also has an eight foot fiberglass purple moose on his front lawn.

1 Like

At least there’s confirmation that the buddy’s dad knows what he’s doing.

Sorry, folks. Well’s closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

7 Likes

He knows what he’s doing for sure, total engineer.
My buddy has a video clip of his dad being interviewed on national TV. Announcer: and this is (name) with his new electronic invention. Pause…Announcer: say hello (name). Buddy’s dad: hello.
Lol.

1 Like

RN
Well done! Very well done!!

1 Like