Things that bother you more than they should

Because it isn’t solid. It squishes in your toes.

1 Like

You mean the seabed?

I agree with Lucy on the colloquial meaning of “ground”.

Something that bothers me more than it should: When someone makes a post looking for suggestions or answers to a question on FB or wherever and then ends it with “Discuss”. Or “And go!”

That’s the whole point of posting, isn’t it? Folks who have something to say, will respond. Not sure why but it bugs me. :woman_shrugging:

I’m okay with the dictionary definition, too. But the looser definition doesn’t bother me.

underwater ground floor

3 Likes

I’ve only reached the Final Four once and never won the RPS tournament. ← clicky clicky

Feeling the need to post this repeatedly

I’m an actuary… it’s what I do. :woman_shrugging:

Maybe I should make a meme that if you don’t want me to analyze your claim (humorous or otherwise) don’t say / post it where I can hear / read it.

Probably some correlated disorder. Don’t harsh on all actuaries just because of your predilections.

Also, I’d like to know what this is about. I could use a laugh.

No idea, but on another page someone did post a meme making the claim that wine is now cheaper than gas. I nerded out and calculated the price per gallon of the cheapest wine I could find (it was in the vicinity of $8.50 a gallon IIRC) and pointed out that this was still more than gas even in the priciest areas.

So possibly that, but maybe not.

Here’s the post: Funny and SFW - #2264 by twig93

Note that I was not the first poster to point out that no, you can’t get wine for $6 / gallon.

I see someone is too classy for toilet wine.

1 Like

Oh yes, boxed Franzia is tres classy!

I don’t know what toilet wine is though… do I want to??? :grimacing:

Probably not. But I will enlighten you anyway.

:nauseated_face:

I’d rather have the Franzia!

I get a sad feeling when I see that the RIP Threads get a new post

5 Likes

When people refer to “FT William” as “Fort Williams”.

WTF is FTW?

Fort William, Highland?

https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/solutions/ftwilliam

1 Like

Is “eff tee william” the correct way to say it?