The War On Drugs

Coffee gave you a high? Really? I’m guessing you and I didn’t run in the same circles in college. Though you probably did much better grade wise in college than I did. I always say college was the best 7 years of my life.

2 Likes

Combining altitude with exercise for someone not used to it can be a problem. Shirley you realize this.
Don’t go twiggin’ around here.

I already said that I know I am an anomaly. In the next paragraph, actually. I don’t think I’ve said anything about applying my experience to others.

Most people benefit from the tea. That’s great. I didn’t need it.

Altitude sickness is weird and a little random. I was supposed to go on a little day hike with “Ron Weasley” from the ao, when we were both at a CAS meeting in Colorado. He was in much better shape than i, and i was afraid I’d slow him down. But the morning of the hike he cancelled, because he’d developed altitude sickness.

Another time i wasn’t sick, but i was weak. I was visiting salt lake city, and went for a short hike in the nearby mountains before my event. I got out of my car and felt weak as a kitten, and walking slightly uphill in the parking lot was tiring. My friend felt the same, but we managed to find a route that was almost flat and had a pleasant hike, taking it easy. I went with a different friend back to the mountains 5 days later (having spent the time being active in salt lake city, which is much higher than my coastal home) and i couldn’t believe the difference a few days of acclimatization made. We were able to enjoy an uphill hike to a little lake. I looked it up, we were 2 miles above sea level.

Trust. The same 7 years of your life I lived probably in my mid to late 20s.
But actually that’s how I knew I was getting a high from coffee, because it felt eerily similar to something else.
Yeah, coffee affects me a lot somehow.