The Thanksgiving 2022 Discussion Thread

Ooph, sorry to hear that. The seal barking cough? Always sounds so sad in the wee ones :frowning:

1 Like

Good tip; thanks!

Turkey dog?

A friend who used to be a professional chef showed me the site decades ago. Back then, they treated retail customers like commercial establishments (they’d invoice me after they shipped the product). They’ve switched over to regular retail support, but they are still the best place i know to buy vanilla and saffron.

1 Like

Ouch. That cough just runs right through parents. :sad face: I’m commisserating with you.

1 Like

Is this weekend thanksgiving? If so, hey, I’m doing the family thing too!
Headed back home to see my sister, BIL, and mother.
Bringing perch and my world famous fries, got 10 family members coming for a fish fry. Everybody from uncles to my mother to grandkids (not my grandkids). ()
Got my BIL’s old cooey .22 stripped, refinished, and refurbed, so it’s working like new. Very nice.
And I’m taking some goose decoys, gonna try a goose hunt in the back field on Saturday. My sister lives right on the st. lawrence river and is right on the main migratory path of a lot of geese. So maybe I’ll have some luck.
(
) I’m gonna get tired of doing pigs in space. I lay on my back, grab the kid’s hands, put their stomach on my feet and then tip them into the air. Then I yell ‘PIGS IN SPACE’ like the muppets. Kids love it. I often get drooled on though.

Also watching all those black friday sales. Every year I watch and think, hey that’d be nice to buy. But I never buy anything.

Happy Thanksgiving!

In recent years we’ve been doing 2 Thanksgiving meals: one with my family, one with my inlaws.

Today it’s my family’s feast, and my sister is hosting. We’ll host my inlaws Saturday. I decided not to roast a full bird since there will only be 4 of us. I’m going to stuff a boneless turkey breast (mushrooms, bacon, smoked gouda,…) and throw it on the smoker at relatively high temp (350-400).

This morning I was reflecting on the legendary Thanksgiving morning spew.

1 Like

I was chatting with people on another chat site who are cooking a marinated “turkey tenderloin”. That’s the muscle in the turkey breast analogous to the muscle in the chicken breast that’s called a “tender”, the smaller muscle inside the breast, next to the rib cage.

That seems like a good choice for a smaller gathering.

I’m in the airport drinking beer at 9am for Thanksgiving! It’s similar to Christmas 2 years ago except at Christmas, i also had wings.

I did successfully get a container of turkey wild rice soup through security as a gift for my mother. Traditionally, i made that with the leftovers but this year, my vegetarian sister is hosting. So even if she got premade turkey, she’s not going to let me boil the carcass to make stock for the soup.

MAX, notorious liquids smuggler

TIL Lucy has been cheating on us! :hushed:

2 Likes

I was pushing for that but got overruled.

Doing the MST3K Turkey Marathon… I don’t know about this Turkules thing

I tried making my own turkey…here’s the before picture…

…but I put it into a pizza oven. Here’s how it turned out:

4 Likes

I guess I’m the male/dog version of Lola:

Summary

5 Likes

3 Likes