The Rebel Forum/Go Actuary 2023 Celebrity Death Pool

RIP Frank Field

I didn’t realize there were 2 old and famous guys named Frank Field. This was not the one I picked, but perhaps it’s someone elses?

Tony Bennett - I am doing wonderfully on last year’s pool

Ooh, I had him third. RIP.

1 Like

Mutulu Shakur: DEAD!

Mr. Shakur (born Jeral Wayne Will,iams was an American activist, a member of the Black Liberation Army who was sentenced to sixty years in prison for his involvement in a 1981 robbery of a Brinks armored truck in which a guard and two police officers were murdered. Shakur was politically active as a teen with the Revolutionary Action Movement (RAM) and later the black separatist movement the Republic of New Afrika. He was the stepfather of rapper Tupac Shakur. Shakur was paroled after serving nearly 37 years of imprisonment, and died July 7 at age 72.

ArthurItas extends the lead and Maphistos_Sidekick gets a hit.

Standings:

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
ArthurItas 8 0 3 75
hotkarl 3 1 1 53
PatientZombie 2 0 0 24
Maphistos_Sidekick 3 0 0 22
traina 2 0 0 16
Macroman 1 0 0 13
twig93 1 0 0 11
frummie 1 0 0 9
soyleche 1 0 0 2

Tony Bennett: DEAD!

Tony Bennett, was an American singer. Bennett amassed many accolades throughout his career, including 20 Grammy Awards, a Lifetime Achievement Award, and two Primetime Emmy Awards. He was named an NEA Jazz Master and a Kennedy Center Honoree, and was the founder of the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts in Astoria, Queens, New York. Bennett sold more than 50 million records worldwide. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease in 2016 but still performed until August of 2021. He died today at age 96.

Macroman and twig93 both get their second hits.

Standings:

ArthurItas 8 0 3 75
hotkarl 3 1 1 53
PatientZombie 2 0 0 24
twig93 2 0 0 24
Maphistos_Sidekick 3 0 0 22
Macroman 2 0 0 21
traina 2 0 0 16
frummie 1 0 0 9
soyleche 1 0 0 2

My theme team in DDP, Nearly Dead Kennedys, was in 17th place in the theme league going into today. Tony Bennett was my joker and drop 40, so I’ll be moving on up.

2 Likes

RIP George Alagiah
BBC News - George Alagiah: BBC journalist and newsreader dies aged 67

George Alagiah: DEAD!

Mr. Alagiah was a British newsreader, journalist and television presenter. From 2007 until 2022, he was the presenter of the BBC News at Six, and also the main presenter of GMT on BBC World News from its launch in 2010 until 2014. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours. He died July 24 at age 67.

frummie, hotkarl, traina, Macroman, Maphistos_Sidekick, ArthurItas and PatientZombie all get hits.

Standings:

ArthurItas 9 0 3 89
hotkarl 4 1 1 59
PatientZombie 3 0 0 36
Macroman 3 0 0 28
Maphistos_Sidekick 4 0 0 26
twig93 2 0 0 24
traina 3 0 0 23
frummie 2 0 0 12
soyleche 1 0 0 2

Keep watching those obits!

Paul Rubens aka Pee Wee Herman. RIP.

2 Likes

I’m up to a tie for 7th place now.

2 Likes

No deaths from our lists since July 26.

1 Like

Slacker celebrities!

1 Like

Hey, we aren’t mafia actuaries

Even the Grim Reaper deserves a summer vay-cay every now and then.

1 Like

I think frummie’s comment is going to set off a string of fatalities

1 Like

Bob Barker. RIP. Hits for a bunch of people, including me.

2 Likes

I checked and I had him 4th. RIP.

I noticed that not everyone is marked “dead” on our lists. Not that it’s super important.

I hope not. Has there been some apocalypse that I missed?

I think the scoring is accurate (other than Bob Barker not being recorded).

But, as an example, on my list of picks Tony Bennett is not marked “dead”. I have the points for Tony Bennett but he still shows as if he’s alive. :woman_shrugging: