MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW

I would do it (the ekg) just to clear kitty for the cleanings. If you hold off on the cleanings then it may cost you and kitty in the long run (potential dental abscess :crying_cat_face:).

Maybe now is a good time to start shopping around for some pet insurance :wink:

As someone who’s had both, an EKG isn’t the same as an echocardiogram. The latter is what would evaluate a murmur.

I have had an EKG (electrocardiogram). I have not had an echocardiogram.

I had my last EKG when the doc was looking to rule out a heart attack/heart problem. I knew that wasn’t what was happening, but realize most guys say that when they are having pain in their chest cavity. (it turned out to be shingles)

She has had one tooth extraction already, so I’m not sure if we’d qualify for pet insurance? Never have had it but I understand it’s picky about pre-existing conditions.

As I was uploading this photo, this kitty jumped up on my desk and purposefully knocked several objects onto the floor. I love dis kitteh.

1 Like

Ugh. I actually called one company, and having had a tooth extraction counts as pre-existing for coverage for more extractions, so not covered. I don’t want to try fraud, so it is what it is.

interesting

my cat is having 4 teeth extracted today (she will have no molars/premolars in the lower right jaw :crying_cat_face: )

I am curious how much this is going to cost me (I was quoted $500-800, but we will see)

Anyways I will be taking her in for annual dental cleanings going forward. This is a lesson learned for not taking her in for 4 years.

That seems pretty accurate from my experience. Good luck for your kitty! They will be zonked out for the evening.

1 Like

Thank you for the well wishes. She seemed very miserable on the drive home. She ran under the couch as soon as we got home (her favorite hiding spot), but as soon as I cracked a can of wet food open she came running out. She started eating from the can as I was trying to scoop it out into her food dish, she never does this! She is walking kind of sideways (I think she is still a bit loopy from the anesthesia), but at least her appetite is back normal!

They also shaved about 2 inches of the underside of the base of her tail - any ideas why?

Not truly… does she also have part of her “forearm” shaved? I wonder if they had difficulty locating a vein there and maybe the tail is the next best area? Anesthesiologists work from outer limbs to in when trying to hit a vein, in humans anyway.

Yep they shaved her little front leg an inch above the paw. Hmmmm interesting. Hopefully they didn’t have to poke kitty too many times to find a vein!

I’m too old for this. Fostering three 4-week old kittens who have to be fed every 4-5 hours and take an hour to eat means so very little sleep for me.

They’re really cute though, and now my two cats look like giants and feel like they weigh 50 lbs after picking up kittens with weights we’re measuring in twentienths of ounces. Agonizing over a 0.25 ounce decrease in weight because it’s a 2% decrease in weight in the span of 5 hours. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I’m likely to start with a bunch that has their mother - but I have done the bottle feeding thing with a singleton. I don’t know how we got away with a 6-hour feeding schedule with a 2 week old, but we did and she lived.

2 Likes

My kitties

5 Likes

Crosspost to the bragging thread probably in order. Got them all to eat wet food for the first time tonight/this morning/zzzz (our 14th feeding) and they were so cute all nomming together on the same little saucer. Only took 1.25 hours from start (including mixing up a fresh set of milk replacement) to finish with all cleanup. Now they’re passed out and hopefully so can I.

2 Likes

I’m gonna needs pics.

1 Like

4 second video https://youtu.be/c4On_egvvqQ
Sleeping pic

First day pic

5 Likes

OMG OMG OMG

I CANNOT

FML. My kid found 4 more, best guess on age is 10 days to 2 weeks old. Bottle feeding is in the cards for at least 3 more weeks. :weary:

2 Likes