The hypocrisy of Governor Gregg Abbott

The actual eligibility criteria are quite broad, but include “mild or moderate symptoms”. He wasn’t eligible, and shouldn’t have had access to that rather expensive (government-paid) treatment. (unless he actually had symptoms, but didn’t want to admit that publicly.)

You or your loved one may be eligible for mAb treatment if you meet the following criteria:

• Are an adult or pediatric (≥ 12 years of age and weighing at least ≤ 40 kg) patient
  • Have tested positive for COVID-19
  • Are experiencing mild or moderate symptoms of COVID-19
  • Experienced your first symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days
  • Are at high risk for having more serious symptoms of COVID-19 and/or going into the hospital

And I’m sure he WAS tested every day. He has a lot more contact with a lot more people than most of us, that’s not crazy. It does suggest that he’s actually worried about developing covid.

True. Also probably a lot more contact with unmasked, unvaccinated people than most of us.

There are plenty of people who come in contact with a lot of people daily and I doubt many of them are testing daily at this point. I think it’s surprising. It makes me wonder if my governor is testing daily. I would be surprised if he is, although he probably wears a mask since the latest CDC guidance. Maybe Abbott was testing daily because he wasn’t masking and didn’t feel great about it. I wonder if Biden is testing daily.

I’d be surprised if Biden wasn’t testing daily. And Trump when he was president for that matter

LOL, this wasn’t happening. Don’t you remember when they wouldn’t say when Trump last tested negative when he tested positive? They SAID he was testing daily, but there was no way that was actually happening. That was pre-vaccine anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised about Abbott testing daily back then, only now.

Not sure about now with delta, but as of Feb Biden was tested every two weeks. Seems more reasonable to me.

Back to the subject of gubernatorial hypocrisy, featuring by far the nation’s biggest gubernatorial hypocrite:

From a single press conference earlier this week…
clip 1:

clip 2:

(The context for these clips is here: Gov. Pritzker is brazenly two-faced on ‘local control’ over COVID issues – Wirepoints | Wirepoints)

the arguments for the last N years over local control and states rights have nearly always been in actuality with the silent caveat “provided they do what I think they should.” Otherwise, the higher up level should tell them what to do.

the covid stuff brings it out like every month for the last 18 months. it is exhausting.

3 Likes