The GoActuary 2021 Celebrity Death Pool

This is NOT the Ron Atkins at the top of my list…the one I picked is the singer from “Pretty Maids”.

I had forgotten about the Dead Pool entry. Given the lack of interest, I’m fine with skipping the year.

Sad to have missed this for the first time in many years. It totally slipped my mind my last week “in the office”, then just got busy with the holidays.

I guess with all these non-entries my win this year will carry an asterisk :upside_down_face:!

What’s our team name for the DDP collective entry? I have an individual team called “Deadpool Surprise”.

1 Like

Scoring getting started early this year!

1 Like

Floyd Little: DEAD!

Little was a halfback for the Denver Broncos, initially in the American Football League (AFL) and later the National Football League (NFL). The Three three-time All-American at Syracuse University was the sixth selection of the 1967 NFL/AFL draft. He was the first first-round draft pick to sign with the AFL’s Broncos, where he was known as “the Franchise”. Little was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1983 and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2010. He died of cancer on January 1 at age 78.

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
Maphisto’s Sidekick 1 0 1 16
soyleche 0 0 0 0
frummie 0 0 0 0
PatientZombie 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0
Macroman 0 0 0 0
Werewolf 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Keep watching those obits!

Paul Westphal: DEAD!

Westy starred for USC, then went on to a storied career in the NBAas a player and as a coach. During his playing career from 1972 to 1984, the guard won an NBA championship with the Boston Celtics in 1974 and made the finals again in 1976 with the Phoenix Suns. He also played with the Seattle SuperSonics and the New York Knicks. In addition to being a five-time All-Star selection, Westphal earned three All-NBA First Team selections and one Second Team honor. Westphal coached in for three colleges, then moved on to the pros to coach the Phoenix Suns, who he took to the finals in 1993, the Seattle SuperSonics, and the Sacramento Kings. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2019. He died on January 2 of brain cancer at age 70.

Maphisto’s Sidekick has a second hit and PatientZombie is on the board.

Standings:
Maphisto’s Sidekick 2 0 1 26
PatientZombie 1 0 0 14
soyleche 0 0 0 0
frummie 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0
Macroman 0 0 0 0
Werewolf 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Our Derby Dead Pool team is called Sicilian Actuaries Snorkeling.

My entry is “There’s a Shiva in the Park.”

Wouldn’t Floyd have been a unique hit for me?

Yes, Sorry. I didn’t adjust my spreadsheet. Since there are less people it counted your pick and the total and said not unique. I fixed both tables.

1 Like

Ugh, didn’t see this last time I looked. Looks like I’m out this year. Good luck to all of the people who will be at the top of my list for 2021!

Astounding number of HoFers dying in the last 12 months

Tommy Lasorda

Sheldon Adelson who bought more democracy than just about anyone this side of the Koch brothers. Good bye and good riddance.

Phil Spector , can not remember if I took him, know I considered him

I know I had him in at least one past year when I entered but think it was several years ago. Though I couldn’t get my act together to enter this year

looked it up, I did, unique, but last choice

Frummie, my count is off

Phil Spector: DEAD!

Spector was an American record producer, musician, and songwriter known for his innovative recording practices and entrepreneurship in the 1960s, followed decades later by his trial and conviction for murder in the 2000s. Spector developed the Wall of Sound, a music production formula he described as a Wagnerian approach to rock and roll. He is regarded as one of the most influential figures in pop music history and as the first auteur of the music industry for the unprecedented control he had over every phase of the recording process. In 2009 he was convicted for the 2003 murder of the actress Lana Clarkson and sentenced to 19 years to life in prison. He died January 16 of Covid-19.

PatientZombie has a second hit which is unique.

Standings:

Maphisto’s Sidekick 2 0 1 26
PatientZombie 2 0 1 16
soyleche 0 0 0 0
frummie 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0
Macroman 0 0 0 0
Werewolf 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

I had him years ago but he seemed fine. :man_shrugging:

had at 15, so I didn’t think this close either

1 Like

Another hall of famer, Don Sutton. I also had him years ago.