Tommy Cutlets...Wait Till Next Year

Eagles were going for the draft pick fo sho.

Giants showed promise, they will need Danny Dimes, Engram and the O-line to play more consistently. Their biggest need is at WR, as Tate is almost certain to go and Shepard has trouble staying healthy. It’s a deep crop of talented WRs in the draft, or they could go the FA route with Robinson, Godwin or Hilton (Corey Davis and Will Fuller are other options though they have injury issues). Signing a FA will be complicated as Leonard WIlliams will be expensive and very much in demand around the league.

Another possible complication is that DC Patrick Graham could very well end up in a head coaching position - will be tough to replace his coaching expertise. Plus the division is expected to improve, with Dak returning, Eagles getting a high draft pick and Washington football team having a name.

. . . to not fall down right before the end zone.

I don’t think Engram is that good. The number of missed catches every year (they lost that one game because he dropped a wide open bomb that would have been a td) and the fact he can’t stay healthy is disappointing to say the least. I am beginning to think that Danny Dimes isn’t a starting QB in the NFL. Sure he has a decent arm and good legs, but he makes a few terrible decisions every game.

Patrick Graham was probably the MVP of the Giants this year.

Giants should go after Godwin. He might be cheap coming off a bad year. He is immensely talented.

This article agrees with you about Engram. Also on the wish list is a CB and edge rusher. Don’t agree with the need for an OT - Thomas had some growing pains in his first few games against tough D’s, but showed improvement as the season went on. Peart was better than expected, still pretty raw but has potential.

I don’t think they need another CB. I think they can use a real pass rusher. Leonard Williams while surprisingly good (and actually a decent trade), is not a typical pass rusher.

I miss the Osi, Tuck, and JPP power and speed rush.

IDK, seems like they do need another corner either in FA or the draft, it’s just not the priority that WR and edge rusher are.

Nice to see a GM who knows what he’s doing .

I see Thobodeaux as a defensive version of OBJ - game-changing potential if he can stay healthy and limit the off-field distractions. Their D-line is stacked - Wink is definitely loving that.

Glad they could pick him and let Carolina decide which OL they wanted. Analysts like Neal better than Ekwonu, I think both will be great. In any event, glad that they are moving on from Nate Sadder.

Feeling torn about what I’d like to see tonight. Didn’t expect to see Malik Willis available at this point, would be great to have him in the 2nd round, I think he’d be a good fit in Daboll’s offense and as a second rounder he should be a relative bargain for that position. But they do need a good secondary to back up that line, and would be tough to pass up on Booth or Dean if they are still available.

I don’t follow the college players like I did back in the day but my understanding is there were 3 edge rushers and 3 OTs who were very highly rated, that the Giants were able to land one of each is fantastic given the number of holes Gettleman left on the roster.

A lot of fans hating on Wan’dale in R2, definitely a reach but seems to follow the theme of versatile players among the selections. This whole thing is a crapshoot anyway so I like the strategy of piling up on draft picks and UFAs and let them fight it out. Hopefully they can figure out something for Bradberry so that there will be enough cap room to sign all the players they want.

Amazing comeback win, even if they got lucky at the end. Barkley is definitely back - the O-line is way better at run blocking than protecting the passer so he should be the focal point of the offense. Awesome that he got twice as many yards as Hen3ry. Danny Dimes did a fairly solid job as a game manager - the pick in the end zone was a bad play for sure but Daboll’s gambling mentality means that this is bound to happen and he’s ok with it. Defense played pretty well, secondary of course is a work in progress and will get burned many times this season, but still gave them a chance to win. They will be more fun to watch when Thibidoux and Olujari return. After a shaky start (and preseason for that matter) the special teams looked really good; the Scottish Hammer had some powerful punts and gave the defense good field position for most of the game. As for the 2-point conversion at the end, I was pleasantly surprised that worked since I’ve seen so many times when the gamble doesn’t pay off, but the players loved the decision, especially after the lack of trust that Joe Fudge, Jason Carrot and Freddie Chickens had in the offense the last couple of years. Not counting on the team having a winning record or being in first place for very long so enjoying it while it lasts.

I thought it was a great decision to go for 2. I mean you’re a pretty heavy dog on the road OT probably favors Tennessee so go for the win. I didn’t have. A Problem with the call but they got a bit lucky as it looked like Titans were going to blow that up.

And yes better QB than the Royal Tanehill will probably have a field day against the secondary.

But looks like they are headed in the right direction at least.

And Danny Dimes didn’t fall down on any TD runs!
:stuck_out_tongue:

He did have another fumble - an issue that has plagued him throughout his career - but looks like a play where just about any QB would have been stripped given how badly the O-line failed.

. . . a properly inflated ball?
:wink:

Another reason for Giants fans to celebrate - Deflator Mouse beat the Cowboys

Cowboys all alone in last place is a nice sight indeed. Sounds like Dak gonna miss significant time as well.

Panthers, Dakless Cowboys and Bears is a nice soft run for new coach. I mean the Giants could easily go 0-3 over that stretch but it’s a soft run where they could conceivably be 3-1 after 4 games. That’s not something I would have though at the end of last season.

Should be the decision after every touchdown.
I’m surprised that there are not NYG fans complaining about the 2pt conversion that DIDN’T work. Maybe if both weren’t converted there would be hell to pay.

2-0? OMG it’s been so long.

And they can’t score