The Attempted Coup of the United States of America

Twitter to Trump and Trump Jr.: you’re banned.

Might be worthy of its own thread, because Twitter is done fucking around with a shitload of accounts. Flynn is banned, Sidney Powell is banned, Q-spouting accounts are getting nuked.

1 Like

The Times of India really went above and beyond with this headline. Well done. 20210108_191143

1 Like

donald was banned again??? what did he do today? i missed it!

oh wow, Trump was permabanned from twitter!

yeah, you should make a thread.

i’m picturing the look on donalds face when he saw that he was permabanned :laughing:

Created

So if they impeach him they can ban him from office also so he could not run again. Basically they can destroy his political career. It might be a good idea to get rid of him that way.

yup, that’s what i was thinking. probably a big part of the motivation to impeach in his few remaining days in office, otherwise he will totally run again in 2024.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sure that much of the interest in impeaching him again is to prevent him from running again. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

My knee jerk reaction is “Sure, ban the guy. I don’t want to think about him weaseling his way back in.”

But, I think that Cruz and Hawley and others are a bigger danger than Trump. If Trump thinks he can run again, he keeps undermining them.

But, if Don Sr can’t run, he might push for Dan Jr (did you see any of Wednesday’s speech?) or Ivanka. That would mess up the nomination without the risk of Don Sr coming back.

Of course, the other reason for impeaching him so late is to say he’s a disgusting wannabe dictator and we want to publicly condemn his actions.

Note the one tweet that lasted a few hours today was

The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!

I don’t know the best way to diminish Trump in their eyes.

Now I’m nervous for the inauguration. He won’t be there. I didn’t really expect him there, of course, because that’s the gracious thing to do. But I keep thinking of game of thrones, and when Circe didn’t show up at the grand sept…

I hope Pelosi isn’t there, if that’s remotely possible.
And it only takes one more McVeigh out there to plan some shit.

1 Like

7 Likes

In all seriousness, I kind of doubt he runs in 2024. He’ll be 78 years old… if he’s even alive. I more see him backing one of his kids.

And honestly, while none of his kids are great, none of them is as awful as he is either… by a long shot. But also none are as charismatic so they might not have as good a shot at winning.

I’m also wondering who wins the Dem nomination in 2024. I gotta think Biden might step down and not run. He will be 82.

There are several things that Trump has done that I’d have had a hard time imagining he’d do. :man_shrugging:

When people said he should be removed in case he literally goes nuclear during a tantrum, I initially thought it was a bit over the top, but then I thought that given past behavior, anything is possible.

He sells a book titled “The Art of the Comeback”. I’m absolutely sure that today he imagines himself coming back and forcing them all to swear him in again.

As long as he is a potential candidate he gets attention and money and power (kingmaker). He loves all three. He won’t be deterred by polls that show him slightly behind, because polls.

If rallies go away, either because his health won’t let him do them or because his fan base just gets bored, then he will shift to kingmaker role. I’m sure he would look at his kids first, but he wouldn’t have any problem shifting to some, sufficiently servile, boot licker.

This is interesting. Clyburn claims that the office where is name is posted in not actually where he and his staff works. and that no one went into the office with his name posted, but knew where to find the office where they work. He feels it could not have been by accident

Also seems like it could have just been a somewhat random event on which offices they happened to find their way into.

Seems like the insurgents are being found and dealt with.

3 Likes

sounds like quite a few are losing jobs as well

1 Like

After failing as a businessman in the 80’s and 90’s Trump settled on focusing on brand, the Trump brand. A second successful impeachment that removes him from office destroys the credibility of that brand in politics just as it was destroyed by his fraud in education, steaks, etc.