TERF ideology

elected trump as their lord and savior.

2 of grampie fan’s 3 kids voted for trump. my grandparents would be appalled by this, especially my grandfather.

As long as I’ve been paying attention, older voters have been “more conservative” than younger ones. Back then it was older people voting for Nixon, iirc.

the republican party now is worse than the republican party of the 70’s and Trump wasn’t in politics in the 70’s.

ANYWAY, my grandparents didn’t vote for Nixon. They voted for democrats.

you think my grandparents generation would be all “way to go republicans! lets pretend this virus doesn’t exist because FREEDOM!!!” nevermind that most boomers got the vax, but they vote for republicans who are against any precautions in controlling this virus.

these are people who actually lived through the flu pandemic. my grandfather lost a parent to the flu and another to TB and was an orphan at a young age, sooooo fairly certain he wouldn’t be anti controlling yet another pandemic.

To be clear, this article is based on a single online survey, conducted by a group that London Pride considers to be spreading bigotry and hate. The survey was done by a total of 80 people, of which 56% claimed they were coerced into sex. This is just more anti-trans propaganda by the BBC, which has been a serious problem. They recently withdrew from the Stonewall diversity program because they feel they they have to not take sides on the equal rights for LGBTQ people.

I wonder how this would have been received if it was something like “KKK aligned group conducts survey showing black men coerce white women into sex.”

2 Likes

yeah, it is a pretty hatetful article towards trans women. i stopped reading halfway through though because it’s so darn long.

seems snik is spreading hate by “supporting these lesbians” on something that really is not a major issue here.

1 Like

I mean, it’s a little odd to me for the clearly left leaning BBC to be considered spreading hate on this.

It seems like it’s hard to do any more extensive research because even talking about the idea is being deemed “spreading hate”.

2 Likes

Is this actually a huge issue for the lesbian community that they truly cannot stand up for themselves and they are all getting raped or coerced into sex by trans women?

or is it just there are a few bad ones out there, which is similar to any group?

I think the whole generational thing has been over-stated. It’s true that those under 30 overwhelmingly voted for Biden, when they bothered to vote. But the differences in voting patterns between millennials and boomers is smaller than the difference between women and men. And i think the remaining silent generation voters looked like boomers, although I’m having trouble finding that published. Other big differences show up by race, education, and urban/suburban/rural.

1 Like

Naw, there’s a lot of anti-trans sentiment among the UK elite. It doesn’t surprise me at all.

And “lesbians don’t want to date women who have penises” is pretty low on the list of problems trans people in the US worry about.

1 Like

um, what? if those under 30 overwhelmingly voted for Biden then aren’t you saying younger people voted for biden?

that’s a lot of words and i have no clue what you’re trying to say here other than trying to argue with me as you tend to do.

all animals are equal. some animals are more equal than other.

1 Like

I mean, there is a bit of self-selection bias, but the lesbian online communities I’m a part of are openly accepting of trans people. Do some lesbians have genital preferences? Of course, and nearly every trans woman I’ve met respects that. (Although, a big portion of trans women have the right genitals to match that preference, or will relatively soon.) But some lesbians actually aren’t so much worried about the penis as the person it’s attached to not being male.

Exit polls only go back to 1972, but those say that 52% of 18-29 year olds voted for Nixon and only 46% voted for McGovern.

I suspect that even less than 46% of 18-29* year-olds voted for Humphrey in 1968.

Young people were mad at the Democrats about Vietnam. Granted, older voters were even more likely to vote Nixon, but he won every age group.

*Note that the 26th Amendment (guaranteeing suffrage to 18-20 year-olds) was not ratified until 1971, but several states had already lowered their voting ages, so there were some 18-20 year-old voters in the 1968 election.

lucy, first you said that older people tend to vote republican, then you said people under 30 overwhelmingly voted democrat, but also said that really there is no difference based on age. you’re making no sense!

I can see how the article could be seen as anti trans.

I guess the question it raised for me was, if a lesbian, or heterosexual man, doesn’t want to sleep with a trans woman, is that in and of itself transphobic?

A counter article for balance

1 Like

I’ll guestimate that >90% of gay men out there will not date a transman

and >90% of straight women probably wouldn’t date a transman either.

That question is difficult to answer. If it’s genital preference and the trans woman hasn’t had surgery yet, then it’s 100% fine. If the fact that the trans woman is sterile is an issue, then also fine. But if the trans woman has genitals you are cool with and you are otherwise attracted to her, but refuse to date her specifically because she’s trans, then that’s more transphobic IMO.

Yeah, lesbian communities are more welcoming of trans women for sure than gay communities are of trans men. Trans men’s issues are so easily forgotten about – but they face a lot of hate for ‘betraying women’ and aren’t really accepted as men either.