Sweetgreen gravy train

You actuarials and yer fancy dancy upscale salad restuarants!!!

1 Like

A meth habit would be both cheaper and more effective.

Nah. After you crash you binge eat way more.

Perhaps Mathman = John.S.Mill ?

I think you misspelled it. The correct way is C-h-i-p-o-t-l-e

1 Like

You mean going to a grocery store?

Iā€™m just flipping out at $100 a week for lunches. Call that $400 a month. That used to be a mortgage payment. Later on it was a car payment. Now itā€™s merely flurping lunch money.

Thatā€™s what i was thinking. If you know what you want, and you are willing to construct the meal yourself, what possible value does this food plan add?

$15-20 a day on making your own lunch?

So Iā€™m supposed to hunt and scavenge in a grocery store like our primitive, savage ancestors???

2 Likes

sweet green isnā€™t exactly new. they have been around a while. if they arenā€™t profitable, why are they still around?

This thread is making me feel better about splurging on the pre-made salads at the grocery store that always seem to be on sale for $3.67.

Are you telling me people usually spend less than that :shiftyeyes:

Not gonna lie I was averaging about $30 a day in lunch prior to the salad thing.

The only food we ever get delivered is pizza or chinese. And only if itā€™s really shitty out.

Even during the pandemic, Iā€™d just go pick it up.

Yes. I love grocery shopping! or, at least, food shopping. We go probably 4-5 times a week. And probably a dozen different stores during the month.

I made a pot of stuffed peppers soup Sunday. Had dinner Sunday and lunch Monday thru Wednesday. $17 of ingredients. Just over $4 a meal.

Today will probably be: 1/3 lb of ham, hoagie roll, a little lettuce, a little mustard. 1/4 lb of potato salad. less than $5/

I can make some Asian chicken drumsticks that last me a good 4~5 meals. Comes out to be pretty cheap because drumsticks are cheap.

Letā€™s take this to the ā€˜recipesā€™ thread. I donā€™t want to lose this deal.

I do chicken thighs. Bone-in are really cheap.

chicken thighs are where its at. cheap good meat.