Sweetgreen gravy train

You should be in a commercial. Like that Jared guy.

1 Like

I only order delivery food like once every 2 months. Almost always when I’m high and have a specific craving, or very occasionally if my partner and I are both wiped out by sickness or something.

I can’t justify $22+tip for a Chipotle burrito when we have food in the fridge.

Update: More like $18.50+tip, just checked.

Qs:

1. What were eating for lunch before you started this?
  2. What else are you eating/not eating in conjunction with this?

We have a Sweetgreen not too far away but I haven’t been there. I do frequently go to Chopt, which seems like a similar concept and is very close to my house. I like it a lot, and even ate there today. I’d say I get takeout there 2-4 times a month.

I almost never order delivery from anywhere though.

Sincere congrats on healthi-ifying yourself eating low fat veggies and assorted rabbit foods. I am envious.

They opened a sweetgreen in my general area. I have not been there. It seems quite pricey. By my calculation, if I am correct, you spend about $20 per day for a salad (delivered including tax, title and license fee), or $100 per week, or $700 total to lose 11 pounds. So you spent about $64 per pound to lose weight.

Is this legit?

It’s pricey. But I found out you don’t have to order a prebuilt. Nowadays you can DIY the food by buying the components separately and then assembling them by yourself, which is something I might try more often as you can see in my DIY food thread:

We don’t have those here but they are all over DC and I usually eat there at least once if I’m in that part of the country.

Half of the weight loss was in CS’s wallet, imo.

2 Likes

lol

You actuarials and yer fancy dancy upscale salad restuarants!!!

1 Like

A meth habit would be both cheaper and more effective.

Nah. After you crash you binge eat way more.

Perhaps Mathman = John.S.Mill ?

I think you misspelled it. The correct way is C-h-i-p-o-t-l-e

1 Like

You mean going to a grocery store?

I’m just flipping out at $100 a week for lunches. Call that $400 a month. That used to be a mortgage payment. Later on it was a car payment. Now it’s merely flurping lunch money.

That’s what i was thinking. If you know what you want, and you are willing to construct the meal yourself, what possible value does this food plan add?

$15-20 a day on making your own lunch?

So I’m supposed to hunt and scavenge in a grocery store like our primitive, savage ancestors???

2 Likes

sweet green isn’t exactly new. they have been around a while. if they aren’t profitable, why are they still around?

This thread is making me feel better about splurging on the pre-made salads at the grocery store that always seem to be on sale for $3.67.