Stronger As One

For attempting to archive some of the posts about the failed merger between the CAS and the SoA

Christine Hofbeck 9/26/2018

Today, the CAS and SOA Board of Directors announced that they are exploring a combination of the two organizations into one. You can find out more information here: http://www.StrongerAsOne.net.

Christine Hofbeck

FSA 2000-present
SOA Board of Directors 2017-2020
MAAA 1999-2019
EA 1998-2005

Author of nonfiction business book Winning Conditions (Viva Editions | Simon & Schuster).
So proud to be an Actuary & love this work we do.
Finally played the greatest reality television game of all time and yep, it was awesome.

Eddie C:

Announced today, due diligence in early October, proposal in early October, SoA Board vote in mid-October, CAS Board vote in mid-November, membership vote in early 2019…

For something just announced, it looks like the wheels have been in motion behind the scenes for a while. If that’s not the case, it just seems like a pretty quick timeline. Why the rush?

bjc2142

Wow

trueblade

What

Dr T non-fan

Even created a web site about it. Must be serious… this time.

sjb554

[quote=EddieC;9436201]Announced today, due diligence in early October, proposal in early October, SoA Board vote in mid-October, CAS Board vote in mid-November, membership vote in early 2019…

For something just announced, it looks like the wheels have been in motion behind the scenes for a while. If that’s not the case, it just seems like a pretty quick timeline. Why the rush?[/quote]

From the FAQ page at http://www.strongerasone.net/#/faq:

Sorry – this thread is too long. Maybe someone with more internet savvy than I can port some or all of the rest.

Yeah, it should be @glenn or @Serena who does the real transfer of any AO threads.

I have been backing up some threads in HTML, and may write some scripts to pull out content, but sorry… I’m mainly pulling out what I created myself for my own purposes.

is the domain for sale? We need it to propose the merger between the various fora

The era of the warring states, actuary forum edition

I’m of the opinion that scraping the ao would be arguably copyright infringement. At a minimum, I’d piss off DW Simpson and I think they’d be justified. I have good relations with them and would prefer not to initiate a change to that.

If people want to copy threads I’m ok with that. I even copied over my favourite post. But I’d prefer not to do anything automated.

1 Like

This is definitely what this thread should be about. Let’s bring this to the boards of both sites and see if we can reach an agreement.