Spring 2021 Exam 7 Advice

I’m not sure if its right that the people retaking the exam have seen some of the questions in the bank and the 1st time testers haven’t

1 Like

How difficult is it to become a second time tester?

Yeah this is the biggest problem I have with a question bank. Especially for the IQs. If you’ve failed an exam 2-3 times and know a few of the IQs in the question bank that gives you a huge advantage going into the exam.

Perhaps good for those with good long term memories. Frankly I can’t remember anything specific now even though it’s only a few days from my sitting. Give it a year and I’ll have completely forgotten everything.

I took the CY19 (which I sat for) as a practice
the week before this sitting and was thinking to myself - “did I even take this?”

2 Likes

Started doing actual exam stuff today. Hopefully I did actually pass 6…

Doing basic algebra in excel is really annoying. With all the notation, writing it down is actually easier so far.

I felt like that at first too. After doing a ton of problems in Excel I eventually got to the point where I liked it more than pen/paper unless the algebra was really complicated.

I’m in. I’m gonna spend a lot of time on reserving. Im going through Mack 1994 right now. I’m going out of order because its a 2nd attempt

Hey, do you think the TIA material for exam 7 was good. Getting mixed reviews about CF/RF vsTIA, also do you reckon taking exam 7 or 9 for spring 2021. I got some reserving experience though

Hey guys, i know this has been asked before but these exams have been changing so much each year.

I want to write exam 7 or 9 this spring 2021 and confused which one to start with. This will be my first attempt.
I do have reserving experience.
I am concerned about the time left Its only 3 months. I heard exam 7 is quite hard.

Please suggest which one should I opt for. Also please suggest whether i should go for TIA or CF/RF.

Thank you
SK

Hey,
I want to write exam 7 or 9 this spring 2021 and confused which one to start with. This will be my first attempt.
I do have reserving experience.
I am concerned about the time left Its only 3 months. I heard exam 7 is quite hard.

Please suggest which one should I opt for. Also please suggest whether i should go for TIA or CF/RF.
Any suggestions ?
Thank you
SK

At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter. Just pick one. I liked TIA for both.

Thanks, I am just conscious about the time. I am desperate to pass and got two kids :stuck_out_tongue:

I think 9 takes less time to study for, but many would disagree with me.