Spooky Manor - an Action Castle Style Game

Let’s try this

Take a few steps closer.
Hold sharp stabby out to the side
Place cloves of garlic in my mouth, but DO NOT SWALLOW
Plant a big smoooooch on that hot vampiress, transferring the garlic into her mouth
With the passion of the kiss fresh in my mind, stabbity stab her through the heart

:rofl: Close enough for me!

With the garlic in Lady Spooky’s mouth, you plunge the stake through her heart. She turns to dust. The skeleton key is all that’s left.

Take a second to gloat that poking something with your stick actually worked this game. File away that you should kiss before poking

Save
Take Skeleton Key
Got to attic and see if skeleton key opens trunk

:rofl:

For the record, you just needed to put the garlic in her mouth and then stab her. You did it with flair though.

Game Saved. You’d have to work hard to die at this point.
You go up to the attic and open the mysterious trunk. What’s inside? Is it gold, a magical cloak, something even better? None of the above. It’s dirt. Just plain old dirt. It spills onto the attic floor.

Yup. That’s it. There’s nothing interesting about it. No idea why it’s even in the game.

Probably dirt form the Vampire’s home soil would be my guess.

Is the front door still locked? If yes does the Skeleton key open it.

Try skeleton key on fornt door to get out.
mutter under breath, worst delivery ever as I slowly walk back to my broken bike and not even a tip

The front door is locked! How did you go this entire time without ever trying to simply leave! Luckily your skeleton key unlocks the door.
You go outside to find your bike stolen. Walking down the dark and lonely road, you wave down a passing car. As you get inside and the car races off into the night, you hear the doors lock. The driver turns to face you, fixing you with an evil smile. You wish you had never made this fateful trip to… Spooky Manor. THE END.

Your score was 85/100.

Alternative Ending - Victory

Assuming you get the key and your bike didn’t get stolen
You leave behind the manor and its secrets - another job well done. Perhaps one day you may pay another visit to Lord Spooky and Manfred, but until then, only in your darkest dreams and nightmares will you return… to Spooky Manor! THE END.

Alternative Ending - The Werewolf

Assuming you got turned into a werewolf
You see a huge wolf standing before you on the cobblestone path. As it howls at the moon overhead, you feel your body warp and shift - and you let out a baleful howl of your own! Forever changed, you soon forget your former life and that fateful night at… Spooky Manor. THE END.

Here is the breakdown of the scoring. You guys got the bolded items.

Locking up your bike at the front gate (before the path): 5 pts
Discovering the secret study: 10
Restoring Manfred to human form: 15
Recovering from being wet and cold: 10
Navigating the Hedge Maze: 10
Destroying the vampire: 15
Retrieving the skeleton key: 5
Delivering the parcel to Lord Spooky: 5
…with his signature: 5
Escaping through the front door: 10

Riding home on your bike, safe and sound: 5
Finishing without saving: 5

You have a lock on your bike (no one ever looked at the bike) and a key in your raincoat (no one ever looked in your coat or asked me about inventory when you had it on). You were supposed to lock the bike up at the front gate and walk to the front door. If you leave your bike outside without locking it up, it gets stolen.

So basically Victory was never obtainable after our first save because the bike. Awesome.

But thanks for entertaining us and our stick for a little while BF!

Thanks for playing along! I had a great time!

1 Like

That was great fun, thanks. And jokes on you bike thief, tires need changing. I bet it was Manfred.

I didn’t participate a ton, but I laughed a lot!

What were some of the examples of things you saw as Werewolf or Vampire that you didn’t see as human delivery dude?

Good question.

In the Great Hall with the mirror you saw that you had pointy ears and fangs, or as a vampire that you didn’t have a reflection.

In the Dining room and around that area you could smell the wolf downstairs, which doesn’t make sense to me because he escapes after he bites you.

Also in all the rooms around the dining room you can smell the pheasant as a werewolf.

In the lounge as a vampire the fire scares you away and you can’t stay in that room.

As a vampire if you’re attacked by the wolf you turn into mist and go back to the graveyard to rest. You also can’t pick up the garlic.

As a werewolf in the study you can’t pick up the silver pen in the study.

There are some other ones - most of them are smell related for the werewolf. Like smelling the wolfsbane.

The hedge maze is interesting. The werewolf can smell their way through, the vampire can fly over. It specifies if you didn’t use the oil on the trimmers you can use it on the crypt door.

How would we have become a vampire before making it through the hedge maze? Pale lady was beyond and Lord Spooky was locked upstairs. Perhaps he bites you after Manfred opens the door?

Maybe we’re a werewolf that gets turned into a vampire? Smell our way through, then get bitten by pale lady and fly over to come back to the house?

Or, we wait until it’s light and go explore the maze without cutting it down, then we can fly over?

So I reread the part about being a vampire at the hedge maze. Turns out I hadn’t read it closely enough. It doesn’t say you can fly over the maze, it says you can fly from the maze (or anywhere outside I think) up to the attic window.

If you’re a werewolf, you can just fight the vampire and kill her. No garlic or stake needed. You can’t be both a vampire and a werewolf.

I know I checked out after the first finish but, wow. You guys didn’t let this one die. Ironically.

Thanks again!