So I watched a bit of the debate last night

Another of Trump’s goals was to interrupt Biden as much as possible. Biden stutters and a goal was to use that disability against him - to rattle him so that he would sound off and then be pounced on for “having dementia.”

I hate him so much. He is such an unmitigated piece of shit.

Sounds like instead of a journalist as a moderator we need to use a well experienced kindergarten teacher.

Or, maybe Jr. High.

What is the generally accepted “worst” age people go through that Trump never grew out of?

Age 2? He is a narcissistic sociopath.

They really should push for the mute button, and a moderator that dares to use it.

They will have to further separate them though. I honestly think something resembling a Zoom call would work best. Where they can see and hear each other, but they are muted until they have the floor.

Then while Biden talks, we could see Dipshit yelling at him like an idiot, but no one would hear him, including Biden, who could then speak uninterrupted.

I don’t even know why we need to have these debates at all. I just cannot believe there are still undecided people out there at this point that will be swayed by any of this, but I guess we just gotta give Trump more air time to talk about Biden’s son’s drug problem or whatever.

A mute button is appealing. I wouldn’t give the moderator any discretion, just an automatic 2 minute window or whatever, with a warning light where the candidates can see it.

OTOH, there is something good in looser rules. Lots of people watched this debate and came away with a clearer vision of Trump’s character. Instant polls had Biden winning.

Is it possible his own team is either deliberately trying to sink him or has given up on him?

If you are talking about Trump, I think it’s a product of his management style. I read somewhere that the debate was an example of what he was like in daily meetings, talking over people, etc. Competent people are not going to tolerate that, so he ends up left with yes men, the incompetent, and the ones using him for their own agenda.