Secret Hitler Interest April 2021

The main difference in role assignments for 5/6 player game is that Hitler and the Fascist know each other’s identity.

In the 7+ player games, Hitler is no better off (knowledge-wise) than the Liberals.

oh that’s interesting indeed.

In to heckle

1 Like

Funny thing is I have literally never been a normal fascist in my time playing this game online. It’s Hitler or bust for me

I’m only just really seeing this, and might have played but it’s probably best I don’t. I have a busy couple of weeks ahead. I’ll try to heckle, but it’s hard to follow what’s happening on GoA. Add me to the hecklers, even if it’s half-hearted.

1 Like

IIRC, even when you were Hitler, it was bust for you.

2 Likes

FYI: given current social environment, “Hitler” could be a trigger for some. Perhaps we can brainstorm ideas to convert this to an actuarial-themed game with the same dynamics but just changing the names.

Secret Sauron. The Fascist can be ring wraiths and the liberals can be the clueless fellowship thinking they can simply walk into Mordor.

1 Like

How about an evil “Super League” where the fascists are Manchester United and Liverpool

Secret Accountant

shout out to @Mountainhawk

1 Like

Secret Billionaire.

Someone is Jeff Bezos
Team of Amazon corporate employees trying to elect Bezos
Team of UPS corporate employees trying to keep the monopoly from happening

Secret Disaster

Someone is Mr. Pricey
Sales team trying to get coverage for Mr. Pricey
Underwriters trying to avoid coverage of Mr. Pricey

Policy cards become Event cards - “Shock claims” vs “Profitable Years”

1 Like

Secret Homo.

Someone is homo
The bisexuals are trying to protect the homo.

The straight homophobes are trying to get rid of the homo and bi’s.

That was easily my favorite EC game ever.

Thanks for the ideas. I’m trying to catch up for work; but will get things set up with an alternate environment (but the same structure of process).

I hope to get roles sent out this afternoon and we can kick off tonight/tomorrow morning.

Will keep the group advised of my progress.

I like the LotR references and the Underwriter ideas so far.

Now that I figured out what my password was is . . .

Players:

1. John.S.Mill
  2. J0BEL0W
  3. Hillhawk
  4. INS
  5. PusheeTripper
  6. UrineActuary

Heck Leers:
a. Barbie’s male bff
b. NearedAlert
c. Nurse_Whom

I’m going to get the rules set up and modified for an alternate rendering of the game to be less triggering . . .

Now . . . I have to go and find that thread that I can rip off learn from to get the rules.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Game thread created:

Please POST IN THIS THREAD if there is something I missed in making the changes.

Hopefully, the slight twist to having the “good guys” being the one with all of the knowledge and the “bad guys” are the clueless schmucks trying to foil plans.

I’ll be away for a bit. Hopefully the changes are at least amusing, if not consistent with the LotR mythos.

For those trying to puzzle out the new dynamics, here is a short version of the conversion used for the new version of the game:

Liberals → Orcs and want to find the Ring-Wraiths (liberal policies)
Fascists → Hobbits and want to find the Rings (fascist policies)

I think the rest are pretty intuitive as to how they map to the original game.

make it make sense!!!

1 Like