SCOTUS Cases

That’s a lot of flights and tuition and of course the forgiven loan is a biggie.

I thought meals & lodging didn’t have to be disclosed? Or is that only if it’s at someone’s house, but if someone pays for dinner or a hotel then it does?

The trip on the private yacht seems like a gray area, but most of those line items do not.

AOC introduces articles of impeachment for Thomas and Alito.

Disclosure seems to lose meaning once someone has accepted millions in gifts. I think where we are with Thomas is that he will openly accept just about any gift that comes his way, and might think about disclosing it, but probably not.

3 Likes

Justice Thomas more corrupt than previously thought?

People do not have enough imagination on this subject.

4 Likes

“I am deeply concerned that Mr. Crow may have been showering a public official with extravagant gifts, then writing off those gifts to lower his tax bill,” Mr. Wyden wrote.

I don’t think that’s the issue. I’m pretty confident that Crow didn’t claim a tax deduction.

I understand that Wyden is chair of the Senate Finance Committee, so the tax angle might be the only leverage he has here.

I sure he was paid a thousand fold in favorable votes.

I believe that, too. Not necessarily in cases where Crow was listed as a litigant. But, in cases where he had an indirect business or personal interest.

I thought it is just interesting to see how Congresspeople need to find an “legislative” interest. Wyden is not on the Judiciary Committee where this letter might normally originate.

Wholly unsurprised. Essentially every one of the bribes to Thomas have been uncovered against his will, often via investigative journalism.

I’d put money that new bribes will be coming to light for years after he’s dead.

What i can’t figure is how the heck he has time to be at court.

Thomas really should have taken John Oliver’s offer.

1 Like