Salary Survey Commiseration

it’s deeply ingrained in our culture

boys learn at an early age that their entire worth is judged by whether they win or lose

and girls learn that their entire worth is judged by their appearance and manners

1 Like

well, girls’ entire worth is judged by whether or not they’re able to land a boy whose entire worth is judged by whether they win or lose.

so from both perspective, the boys need to win.

if you boy and you poor, you lose
if you girl and you get with poor boy, you lose

And if you’re a winning boy who gets with a winning boy then …

capitalism at its worst!

Sounds like you’ve gamed the system to me

:judge:

What if you’re a girl or boy and you eat a po‘ boy?

1 Like

I had a 'po boy in the 'po once, tried to eat it while driving and dropped it in my lap. Which caused me to swerve a bit and I got pulled over by the po-po.

1 Like

at least you didn’t have to poo poo

Or pee pee.

Roh-roh!

Then you’re doomed to live the rest of your life in the Po, boy!

1 Like

As long as there’s an internet connection and I get the five major television networks, I’m fine with that.

1 Like

you get FIVE WHOLE NETWORKS? look at you, baller. :notworthy:

2 Likes

I just want the internet connection. I don’t have much use for the TV networks anymore.

ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and all of their sub-channels…over the air…free free free.

1 Like

Look at you, Mr. Fancypants, gettin’ all your live action sports and whatnot through the interwebs.

Actually, I do usually watch NFL games online because the game I want to watch is out of market or the wife wants to watch some PBS nature show.

Beware the flawed analysis that’s tilted to make a political point.

The ‘Gender Pay Gap’ Is a Myth That Won’t Go Away

The difference in wages is the natural consequence of choices that men and women freely make.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-myth-that-wont-go-away-1f0e3841?mod=opinion_lead_pos12

Well, it is in a large and bold font, so it must be true.
Even though it is merely an opinion/commentary piece.

Provide for free if it is so important for us to read, please.

TIA

2 Likes

It seems a reasonable statistical analysis. Sorry, I assumed anybody could read it. But it’s a bit long for a post. One paragraph:
“The Census Bureau treats elementary and secondary teachers in a way that further distorts the wage comparison. On average teachers work only 38 weeks a year, but in its calculations, the Census Bureau pretends they work 52 weeks. This not only moves them into the year-round category with only about three-fourths of a year of work, but also reduces their average weekly earnings because their annual pay is divided by 52 rather than 38. Nearly three-fourths of elementary and secondary teachers are women.”

Does the opinion piece suggest a more improved way of analyzing salaries?

Paste it in, and then “Hide Details” using that feature in the cog.