Rush Limbaugh died

so, it’s okay to dance on the graves of the dead on here. is it okay to wish people dead?

asking for a friend, who doesn’t like a former president all that much.

It doesn’t violate Precept 1, so I guess it’s OK, amirite?

1 Like

I don’t want anyone to burn in hell, but I’m not losing sleep over his death. I hope his loved ones are finding comfort and peace.

Despite four marriages he doesn’t have any kids and I’m just guessing that his current wife will get over it quickly if she’s left at least 100 million. People taking it hardest will be Trump and and his former listeners who will have to find another bigot to entertain them.

Just imagine how bad it would have been on the old AO and how loud the deafening chorus of Trump supporters would have been when they found out about this.

were there that many trump supporters left at the end of the ao reign? most of them were banned.

1 Like

One fewer homophobe on earth. Great news.

Is it still a federal crime to threaten him? The answer may be relevant to your friend.

wishing someone dies from natural causes isn’t a threat.

when trump had COVID a LOT of people were hoping nature would do him in. that’s not illegal.

“You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford* is dead. Good.”- Bette Davis

*insert some other name if you like.

1 Like

IFYP

It’s apparently not a crime to send death threats to anyone over the interwebs, through the mail, via text, or other forms of communication. Or, it is and law enforcement has zero interest in enforcing it because it happens way more often than it should.

Many years ago I got one of those scam e-mails of the Nigerian prince type saying that someone had a bounty on me and if I sent money they would take care of it. I was friendly with someone in IT security so I forwarded it to her, said I know it’s a scam but wanted to report it. She sent it to her department, who then contacted building security so told me I should call the police. They sent a cop over, I felt bad about taking up his time but just wanted satisfy the security guard. The cop and I had a good laugh over it while I filed a report.

Wherever he may now be, I wish all the compassion and empathy on him that he gave to others while he was alive. (Edited because I don’t truly know the boundaries here. Let’s say this wasn’t a compliment.)

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 9.46.31 AM

6 Likes

Congrats to Rush on being sober and drug-free for a year!

9 Likes

I’d think that embalming preparations would be potentially rather intoxicating…

Honestly, seeing this post gave a feeling of dread, then I remembered it was an RIP thread and it felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

It’s crazy how a media demagogue has that influence. I don’t even have a TV, but the rhetoric permeates the country anyway. I’d hear him on AM radio when crossing the country or, sadly, on TV at relatives’ houses.

1 Like

5 Likes