Robot vacuums

I walked by one in Costco today…I don’t recall the brand…it was tempting but since I have vinyl (or something) I’m holding out for the S8 Pro Ultra cause the floor needs some mopping as much as it needs vacuuming.

1 Like

…is now available…and I can save $10, too.

1 Like

If I was only buying one, I think I would have sprung for the self-cleaning, self-refilling one! I hope you like it, if you get it.

1 Like

We bought one along with the mop thing a few years back.
Never bothered unpacking it because the setup seemed too annoying.

Edit:
Just looked at the boxes:
Roomba S9+
Braava Jet M6

Purchased November 2020

Maybe i shoukd unpack them.

1 Like

I just had a dream that our robot vacuums became military grade armored and started hunting us with death lasers.

3 Likes

That escalated quickly.

2 Likes

Not quite there yet, when vacGPT comes out, be worried.

3 Likes

Should I be buying extra…

cleaning solution

mop cloth

dust bags

…right away or can that wait?

I’m thinking “no” because when I buy the device straight from roborock I’ll get robopoints that I can redeem later for these things. If I buy it from Amazon or Best Buy I won’t. I’ll get BBBucks but those will expire before I ever use them for anything. If I buy it straight from RR I’ve got that sweet $10 off coupon.

The white version does kind of look like storm troopers.

1 Like

The robot will tell you when you need more parts, like the brushes and filters (screenshot below). You’ll need them eventually, though. We run our downstairs one twice a day, so it covers around 750 square feet in a 24 hour period. The filter lasts 150 hours, the main brush lasts 300 hours, the side brush lasts 200 hours. The sensors only need wiped down periodically.

The cleaning solution gets diluted to 1:300, so each tank of water (for mine) requires 1mL of solution, and each tank lasts us 2 washes. So one bottle will last us…something close to forever? I bought a mL dropper to measure it out.

We did buy a bunch of mop replacements, and my husband swaps them out every few days to wash. But we haven’t needed to actually replace any/throw out yet. So I don’t know how long they typically last.

1 Like

1 Like

…has been ordered.

2 Likes

s/b delivered b/t an hour ago & 2.5 hrs in the future.
[red]Should I make an unboxing video?[/red]
I wish FedEx would give me a “Your delivery is n stops away. Follow it on a map.” like Amazon does.

If you’re not making ASMR unboxing videos, what are you even doing???

2 Likes

Jaspess II is afraid to use the roomba, since the doggos sometimes stealth-poop and then it “hits the fan” so to speak, and then poop is tossed all over. (It’s happened more than once.)

2 Likes

Our house is a bit like the state of Idaho reflected over the y-axis.

2 Likes

What’s the diagonal structure in the left?

1 Like

I’m guessing a kitchen island.

1 Like

Yes, what Dara said. Kitchen is UL. Dining room with a bunch of chairs is below that. Living room is to the right of that. The rest is the Hallway to Canada.

1 Like

The author Brad Taylor in one of his Pike Logan books had a tech guy with the knuckle dragger assault team doing recon on the enemy’s safe house which was an air-bnb and the tech guy got into the places wifi through an unsecured smart washing machine that was connected to the wifi and then was able to exploit the roomba to identify the floor plan and furniture layout the place so they could plan their assault of the place.

1 Like