Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

As would be expected, Yes won in terms of geographical area, No won in terms of number of voters. Really illustrates the urban rural divide in the country,

1 Like

Here’s the corresponding 2020 presidential map.

It’s an interesting comparison. Pretty uniformly, about a 5-10% difference between this vote and the 2020 presidential vote. Some outliers though.

Around the KC area, Johnson County (Overland Park area) is big. I would include Wyandotte and Leavenworth counties as being, at least in part, in the metro area. But Franklin, Osage, Miami, and Lyon counties voted no and they’re pretty far from KC and mostly rural. The largest town in Miami county is Paola, population 6,000.

So a definite urban/rural split, but a decent number of rural counties voted no. The biggest surprise for me, having grown up in southeast Kansas, was that Crawford county voted no, and Labette county barely voted yes. I would have guess easily 60% yes votes in both.

Biggest difference in Sedgwick which I guess Includes Witchita which had a margin of 15% for Trump which was about the same as the No margin.

they let the woman folk vote?

I just spit out my drink at Dick Cheney saying this. Not necessarily that it’s untrue, just the idea of Darth Cheney being the messenger here is hilarious. Plus it’s always good fun to see Neocons like Cheney all riled up.

That’s not a “darndest thing”, it’s completely accurate.

And not super surprising. W can’t stand Trump either.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thank you for this completely necessary defense of Trump being the greatest ever threat to our Republic. We’re lucky to have white knights like you preserving proper public opinion about Trump.

I can’t tell whether you are sarcastic and disagreeing with me, or sincere and agreeing.

I don’t consider myself a white knight. More like Captain Obvious.

How so? Do you think its obvious? I mean, several examples immediately pop into my head making it questionable whether Donald J Trump is actually the greatest threat in our nation’s 246 year history:

• Benedict Arnold

• Any number of Confederate supporters and generals

• Senator Joseph McCarthy

I think it’s reasonable to assume a slight amount of rhetoric. But DJT committed sedition, IMO, which is pretty serious and certainly up there with Benedict Arnold and Robert E Lee and Joseph McCarthy.

The only ones that come close to Trump on that list are the confederates.

Not to say the others were good guys.

1 Like

I agree Joe McCarthy would rank up there with Trump in modern history.

Well they are all dead for one.

2 Likes

A president who is a traitor to the nation has to be the greatest threat.

I am not a fan of Mike Pence, but i believe he alone avoided what would have been a democratic disaster.

7 Likes

Pretty sure the first one was Nambia, and it’s been virtually downhill since.

1 Like

I had to check — yes, Lindell is currently being sued by Dominion and Smartmatic. I suppose Lindell figures he can’t make it any worse.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s going to put on an insanity defense and is just building a case for it.

McCarthy was similar in a lot of ways, but obviously not president, and lost both voter and GOP support pretty fast. Meanwhile Trump still has both on this side, after committing sedition.

The only things that ease my mind about Trump is that he’s pretty old and kind of stupid.

The civil war was definitely a greater threat, though with less obvious a “bad” guy.

1 Like