Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

Reinforces a different stereotype, though …

My local state Senate Republican candidate lists his top priority as “Reduce auto insurance costs by 50%”, lol.

1 Like

Two of many responses to Lauren Boebert:

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 9.20.02 AM

(That responder later corrected himself. Also 1 in Denmark in 2015, so 2 in 30 years)

3 Likes

And undoubtedly it was only removed after the ridicule came to their attention. Sadly, basic numeracy is still not a skill for many folks.

1 Like

Yes he is a Republican.

1 Like

We talked about the “Jesus, Guns, Babies” candidate for GA Governor in another thread:

Her campaign was full of items that could have been included here. One of my favorites : one of her key campaign promises was “to demolish the Georgia Guidestones”. I had never heard of this before so I had to google. Some nutter had some Stonehenge like rocks with some eugenic sounding language erected in rural georgia in 1980. It’s become legendary with QAnon type folks as evidence of a global satanic cabal. Her pinned tweet still features this important initiative: https://twitter.com/KandissTaylor/status/1521132865618071555?s=20&t=7EEk3P5DRhEZGOBYMtv-7Q

Why bring this up today when she lost the election badly? Because it appears someone tried to blow up the GA Guidestones last night. They look mostly intact:

John Oliver did a bit about Kandiss and the GA Guidestones at the end of May that’s pretty funny.
https://youtu.be/AEa3sK1iZxc

Of course Kandiss has weighed in: this was not an explosion or earthquake but instead proof of God intervening on behalf of nutters everywhere:

1 Like

I’m surprised she didn’t assume that an earthquake = God intervening.

1 Like

Maybe he should have sang Jazz Chord instead.

cc: @knoath

A better aerial shot of the damage done to the guidestones

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 3.00.21 PM

I only saw this picture. Haven’t read the Report.

2 Likes

My guess is that the “them” wasn’t intended to be her grandchildren, but I can’t figure out what it was supposed to be.

Presumably whoever was threatening her grandchildren, but that’s not what she said.

1 Like

Fuller version here. Slip of the tongue although the fuller version doesn’t make her look any more appealing.

I HAVE FIVE GRANDCHILDREN. I WOULD DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING TO PROTECT MY FIVE GRANDCHILDREN, INCLUDING AS A LAST RESORT SHOOTING THEM IF I HAD TO TO PROTECT THE LIVES OF MY GRANDCHILDREN. DEMOCRAT BILLS THAT WE HAVE HEARD THIS WEEK WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHT, MY RIGHT TO PROTECT MY GRANDCHILDREN. THEY WANT TO TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS OF LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS TO PROTECT THEIR OWN CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN. AND WIVES AND BROTHERS AND SISTERS. THIS BILL TAKES AWAY DUE PROCESS FROM LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS. CAN YOU IMAGINE IF

So more of a “Make fun of Gramma’s grammar”?

2 Likes

and a total ignorance as to what Due Process means

2 Likes

Also having an incredibly narrow view about what ‘protect your grandchildren’ means.

1 Like

Not to be outdone in the argument of the need for self defense:

This is cringeworthy: Herschel would like it though.

Wow. At least honest that its use is for slaughtering a group of people.

1 Like

“Two shootings on July 4th, one in a rich, white neighborhood and another at a fireworks display,” she said, also referencing two police officers who were shot non-fatally in Philadelphia. “It almost sounds like it’s designed to persuade Republicans to go along with more gun control. We didn’t see that happen at all the Pride parades in June, but as soon as we hit MAGA month, the month that we’re all celebrating, loving our country, we have shootings on July 4th. I mean…”

No this isn’t Alex Jones, its a member of congress.

2 Likes