Recruiting process - Questions to ask potential new co-workers

Hello,

if you are interviewing for a position in a new company and you are given the opportunity to talk with the people who could be your future co-workers, what questions would you ask?

Thank you for your help!

Depends on the level and the job type. Consulting v carrier? Entry v 5+ years w or w/o designation v mid-career?

Experience level would be around 10 years. The job is at an insurance company, but you have lots of contact to other subsidiaries, where you are basically doing consulting.

Can you tell me about a time you all worked together as a team?
What is a typical day at work like?
What type of people do you like to work with?
What was the last argument you had?
What one thing do hate the most about working on this team?

What you really need to do is figure out what is important to you in your job. For me, teamwork and a supportive team is really important so I ask a lot of questions around how the team works together. For you it might be something different.

2 Likes

are you guys friends outside of work? do you go to clubs together? have you seen each other wasted? have you seen each other shirtless after drinking? have ya’ll made out at some point drunk? what is the likelihood of becoming a couple on this team?

1 Like

one of the things I found out about the newer generation (myself included) is how many people are cool and hip on the actuarial team

Bring up EDC and buy tickets for everyone. Coachella too.
Maybe Burning Man if ya nasty.

le p&c :sunglasses:

It’s going to get expensive if I buy everybody EDC tickets. I can offer to organize everything though :joy: