Random Thoughts

With no co-workers watching me it’s probably not bold. More like italic

2 Likes

My right eye squeaks and sounds squishy when I rub it, always has. My left eye does not do this. Not sure if related to the tear duct surgery I had as an infant, that was on both eyes.

3 Likes

At my son’s middle school doing pick up because it was too cold for his electric bike today.

So many kids are pouring out of the school to walk home, and so few of them are wearing winter coats. Being warm is so uncool!

1 Like

…and apparently my kid is included in that.

4 Likes

2 Likes

My husband saw a bald eagle today at the park on our street while walking our dog.

2 Likes

Mine too, and I see tons of other kids just in T shirts when it’s below freezing. It was around 20° when we got to robotics today and I’d say half of the kids don’t have coats.

1 Like

is that how he explained coming home without the dog?

2 Likes

the hoodie is the warmest garment ever created. apparently. they face no natural consequences bc we pick them up everywhere. i told my kid to walk like a mile once and the look I got. he said “ill be cold!” and I replied “then you will want to walk a lot faster.”

4 Likes

i enjoy seeing them every time. we get them a fair amount here in the land o lakes.

1 Like

Foster son’s birthday is in two and a half weeks.

Today at visitation his dad asked him when his birthday was.

3 Likes

wrong on two levels

1. not only forgot birthdate
  2. made sure kid knew it

but i guess these kids are in foster care for a reason.

3 Likes

how does the kid view these visitations?

This is my dad, i love him, i hope we can be together soon.

or

i dont really like this person, but it is an obligation i need to do?

or

like most things in life somewhere in between?

“This is my dad and I love him and want him in my life, but he has never been a parent to me even when he was around all the time, and I don’t think I would enjoy living in the kind of impoverished lifestyle he would provide. Also I’m beginning to realize how much he lies to me to protect his ego. I enjoy the candy and petty cash he gives me occasionally!”

4 Likes

Confirmed today that my spouse is in fact an identical twin.

When I cook or bake, my spouse hovers and helps. They have some control issues in ‘their’ kitchen.

Well Tonite I made scones with my spouse’s twins recipe…turns out, also control issues. Her twins calling her and passing directions to tell me how to make the scones.

Ffs I can follow directions Brenda! Lol.

2 Likes

I brushed some of the dog’s loose undercoat and put the fur out for the birds to make nests but so far it’s still there.

2 Likes

I put my skinny fabric scraps from when I square up blocks out for the birds. It’s very hit or miss.

1 Like

It never occurred to me to put fluff out for birds. But I’m wearing some not-very-new-but-never-worn-before slippers which are leaving piles of fluff all over. Maybe I should gather it and put it out for the birds.

Sent some im’s to my marketing person for our monday 8am zoom we have. No response, which is really odd…oh yeah, todays a holiday lol.

My kids are off school, but I’m working. No holiday for me. I got P-day off when I worked at MMC, but no other company has given it.