Quotes encouraging laziness

I tried googling the topic, but all I am getting are quotes to inspire one not to be lazy. I am looking for quotes that encourage laziness. Rather than trying to search harder, I am coming to this community to do it for me!

So, what do have for quotes that encourage being lazy? Bonus points for including a source.

1. If you wait until the last minute, you’ll only need to do a minute of work.
  2. If it’s due tomorrow, do it tomorrow.

No source, just a couple of mottos that got me through college.

2 Likes

1 Like

I suggest you read something by Tim Kreider who talks about the curse of “busyness”. The NY Times had a funny opinion piece by him.

The link is below if you can get past their firewall.

Here is the opening paragraph to see if you want to read further:

“Ten years ago, I wrote an essay called The Busy Trap about the curse of “busyness” that seemed endemic at the time. The treadmill had been imperceptibly increasing its speed for a while, and people were nervously starting to notice. As happens with a lot of unavoidable evils, they tried to rebrand their frantic busyness as a virtue. “Busy — so busy, crazy busy,” was the answer you got whenever you asked how they were. I came out, in my essay, as anti-busy; I advocated idling, daydreaming, hanging out and goofing off. My conclusion: “Life is too short to be busy.”

1 Like

Why search the internet for quotes about laziness when you can get others to do it for you.

Source: This thread

5 Likes

2 Likes

That’s the one I was thinking of.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Good things come to those who wait.

2 Likes

First timers always takes the first hit.
(expressions - What is the saying for when "early adaptors (first timers) always takes the hit" which is opposite of "early bird catches the worm" - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange)

Don’t be a guinea pig…unless you’re a pig from the Republic of Guinea. :guinea:

I’ve heard “why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?”

1 Like

The early worm gets the bird.

1 Like

B’s get degrees.

1 Like

What do you call the person who finished last in their class in medical school? Doctor.

2 Likes

B’s!? I’d heard Ds!

Or, what do you call a student who graduated medical school with Ds? Doctor.

If at first you don’t succeed, redefine success.

1 Like

Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can put off today

funny, I heard it as C’s get degrees

1 Like

IFYP

1 Like