Question for introverts

Yeah it definitely goes the other way too (for me) - like I don’t over-exert myself on things that are overly exciting as well… or like, spazz when things are scary (such as when a semi tries to murder you on the interstate).

That said, Christmas often gets the better of me. So many LIGHTS AND SPARKLES!!

Naw, I think that’s the standard definition of introversion. It’s true that depression often manifests as a lack of energy, or running out of steam faster than you should. But I don’t think “I need some downtime after socializing” is diagnostic of depression.

Failing to ENJOY time with other people can be a sign of depression, though.

2 Likes

You nailed it.

I believe I must have thought I didn’t enjoy time with other people because it was exhausting, but in retrospect, I wasn’t enjoying it in general.

Yeah, depression runs rampant through my family. And just a couple weeks ago I took my mom to a medical appointment that included a screening test for depression.

Being a manic depressive introvert with a thyroid problem is confusing to sort out sometimes (they overlap in terms of characteristics and symptoms, if anyone was wondering).

If I’m 65% Extrovert, I’m 30% introvert

I’m an introvert who craves socialization but gets exhausted by it.

2 Likes

I need just 1 or 2 people in my life, but I need their complete attention. I haven’t had that lately so I’ve been depressed. I might go bff hunting when the pandemic chills.

Funny coincidence that this article appears today:
Buzzfeed article on introverts

Blockquote “It’s such an interesting feeling,” said Alex Delaney, 28, a teacher who lives in Brooklyn. “I fully identify as an introvert and like to spend time alone, but I’ve had more urges [in the last year] than ever to want to be at a club or go to a bar, which are places I would never go prior to the pandemic. It’s funny, though, because I feel like once I do have the option to go to those places again, I probably won’t.”

I think for introverts currently, their social interaction tank is overflowing. Lot’s of social energy available to spend.

1 Like

Or, is it??

This is correct. My wife is Myers-Briggs certified so I have heard all about it.

For the OP I do miss large gatherings. One thing I want to do really badly again is watch live music. I am going to start going to any concert that catches my fancy going forward.

I like large gatherings, so long as I don’t have to socialize.

scouts honor

Oh, I wasn’t implying that you were misleading us.
I was implying that whatever internet you are using knows that this story is what you want to read, based on what you’ve written and posted.
(insert tfh emoticon)

And 5% bad at addition.

3 Likes

And 5% SEXY!

1 Like

You’ve been waiting ALL DAY to say that, huh.

1 Like

No. I’m in some chat rooms on Kik, and sometimes that mentality transfers over to GoA

What’s a kik?