Queen Elizabeth II (the non-RIP thread version)

lol. I feel the same way about the Kardashians

2 Likes

sort of, but the royal family is a step above the kardashians or really any family that i can think of that has all this obsession placed on them and their every move.

like vilifying harry and even more so meghan for them deciding to leave it all behind and live a more normal life. they get way too much shit for that. harry didn’t ask to be born.

1 Like

many non-famous families are interesting too once you get to know them. that’s how all these reality tv shows became a thing. the kardasians also weren’t that famous. they became famous in reality tv.

Nor I!

For some Americans, I think the appeal of the Royal Family may be primarily a celebrity fascination, especially of those who were somewhat glamorous? Princess Diana and Princess Margaret probably caught the attention of Americans more than Queen Elizabeth?

For Canadians of British ancestry, the appeal may be more similar to what some Brits feel about the Royal family. They are part of their history and government.

seems with the brits i read on social media it is also of the celebrity fascination variety. like OMG, CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT MEGHAN WORE? OMG!!!

I should have mentioned Meghan along with Princess Di.

Yes, and Catherine.

Not being someone who pays any attention to the royals, I had to pause and think at Catherine, as her name seems to always be truncated in the media.

People like to shit on the Kardashians, but if you actually watch their show, they’re actually super nice people.

Oh, sorry… Her Royal Highness Catherine, Princess of Wales.

The Princess formerly known as Her Royal Highness Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge…

The Princess formerly known as Kate Middleton.

Nobody watches any show because people are nice. We could have hundreds of millions of shows of nicer people.

This royalty crap is nonsense. I’ll call her Kate, just Kate.

1 Like

Why is her other name Catherine and not Katherine? I didn’t even know her name was Katherine.

Huh? I don’t understand your question.

Her name is Catherine. Kate is a nickname.

Like Bill is short for William or Cindy for Cynthia.

cate is short for catherine
kate is short for katherine

what’s the rule?!?

1 Like

this one don’t make sense.

nor does teddy theodore

nor dick richard

I think every single Kate I know is short for Catherine. :woman_shrugging:

what’s the nickname for sir richard head?

How about Jack being “short” for John?

If you’re asking me to explain the logic behind nicknames, I can’t.

But I do have an awareness that the most common nickname for Catherine is Kate.

1 Like

Cat, Katie, Cathy, Kate
these are all the same name!