Pros and cons of Biden infrastructure bill

I don’t think this should even be a consideration. I’d rather the government not skew (screw with) the economy for the top people’s personal interests.

1 Like

Well, not in the sense of getting the economic stats the govt wants, but that the dollars being proposed are large enough that there may be unintended consequences significant to be given consideration.

Unintended consequences?
Like more low income housing?
Like bridges that don’t crumble?
Like schools that can hold children without packing them in like sardines?
Like and energy grid that can handle a heat wave or cold spell?
Like energy systems that can repel cyberattacks?
Like broadband to power a modern internet all across America?
Like more clean energy to help fight global warming while still meeting our growing energy needs?
Like drinking water that doesn’t poison municipalities?
You meet those unintended consequences?

1 Like

I agree. We’re coming off the biggest deficit since WWII. We shouldn’t double down on that.

Raise taxes (I’ve got some suggestions), cut spending in other places, or cut back the bill.

Yes, the Rs were terrible about deficits – cut taxes on the wealthy and raised spending a month later. I complained about that. I will complain about the Ds’ spending too.

I can’t, for example, figure out why municipal water systems should be constructed with federal money.

2 Likes

No we aren’t. Building any more highways is a stupid waste of money and not reflective of the future we will need to have to turn climate change around.

1 Like

Me! Me! Absolutely! Slash the military budget by perhaps 1/3 (there can be a commission to figure out exact amounts and segments), raise taxes (I don’t need all my money), spend it to improve our country! Our crumbling infrastructure is a joke and barely maintaining it is kicking the can down the road akin to our national debt (recognizing that a debt isn’t unsustainable, but the increase in deficit is).

I’d vote for that candidate no problem. I’d even consider a Republican depending on their insistence on other views, although lol at any of that working in a Republican primary.

1 Like

Hiring people to dig holes and fill them in again would similarly be jobs spending.

3 Likes

The actuaries down at Langley figured out how to halve the cost of you jobs program AND reduce our potholes at the same time.

1 Like

Archeologists do that for a living

Sure but at least they get the human/animal remains out of the hole before filling it in

99% of the time they are surveying an area and finding nothing

Sounds like a depressing profession

1 Like

Where are they going to find people to do the work? I can’t find anyone willing to install drywall or paint the interior of my house… at any price. It seems like labor is very expensive and scarce right now.

I’m all for infrastructure spending, especially during a recession when people desperately need jobs. That’s a good time for the federal government to tackle big infrastructure projects. But it doesn’t seem like people desperately need jobs right now.

That said, there is an infrastructure problem… seems like there’s no good choices here.

There is a history of the Executive Branch providing misinformation by spinning information, lying by omission, or even just outright lying.

That one administration might have less of a problem of such than another doesn’t mean that it’s not still a good practice to seek a reputable objective source for simple facts.

This makes 0 sense. This is a copy of the actual proposal that the administration is making. It’s the source of the facts. If the White House was claiming to summarize a bill that had passed, then you can wonder what they are hiding — but this is the proposal.

Reportedly we have a bipartisan agreement on a deal. It’s finally infrastructure week!

Yep. Everyone with an agenda tends to disguise the truth with at best glossing over the cons as they pump up the pros. Listen to your sales person, read their proposal. How they frame their argument says a great deal about what they think of you and your concerns. Where the proposal is light on facts and details points you in the direction as to where to ask the follow up questions.

Um, no, those sound like the intended consequences to me. I was thinking about inflation as the chief unintended consequence, but I suppose there could be others as well.

Any price? PM me for a quote.

2 Likes