POTUS "Election Fraud"

Thanks. Why did you not state so in the OP? You probably have a good reason.

Yes, I believe in whatever math is being done. And, yes, assumptions, analyses, and (predetermined) conclusions are the issue.

1 Like

I put ā€œQuotesā€ in the tread title around ā€œElection Fraudā€. That should have been a tip-off about my thoughts.

if you believe in the ā€˜scienceā€™ of covid you must believe in the ā€˜mathā€™ of election fraud.

wait, I said that backwards. I think its an inversely proportional relationship.

I have been wondering WTF Trump has been talking about when there have more mail in votes cast than voters. I guess this is it?

When does Trump need a source?

More evidence of election fraud.

The Justice Department has found no evidence of widespread election fraud.

Presumably a rant is incoming and Iā€™m guessing a possible demand for Barrā€™s resignation.

The sooner the better. Dude is on an execution rampage.

He usually needs someone else to make up some disinformation for him to repeat. He may read those things on twitter and believe they are all absolutely true.

Neither has Ron Johnson, who knows full well Biden has won, but thatā€™s not stopping him from parroting the same crap.

Garry Kasparov, on Trumpā€™s ā€œEndgameā€:

The sad thing is clearly thereā€™s still a huge number of voters who donā€™t care about all this party over country stuff and will still vote for all these politicians. Thus itā€™s really the voters who are the problem.

Your conclusion is absolutely 100% correct. However I question the way you arrive at your conclusion.

The sad thing is clearly thereā€™s still a huge number of voters who think that politicians and bigger government are always the solution to issues and problems and will vote for the type of politicians promising this snake oil delusion. Thus itā€™s really the voters who are the problem.

If the government was smaller, had less influence over your life and you had more liberty, would you really care so much how your elected officials behaved?

1 Like

Completely agree, the Federal system should be gutted down to something like the Fed, the military and some disaster relief. In fact Iā€™d prefer regional state compacts to do more Federal-type stuff, like a Northeast universal healthcare. I really donā€™t care what happens down in MS, etc. politically.

So kill medicare and social security? At least? Maybe look more like the EU?

Calls for another thread imo.

Yeah Iā€™m a big critic of simply giving government handouts to people because of their age, so would abolish medicare and social security, or at the very least strictly means test them. Agreed though, this is a bit of a tangent.

Fwiw, I donā€™t think Trumpā€™s actual power is causing this problem. His policies donā€™t influence our lives very much. The problem here is his cult of personality, brainwashing millions of people. Iā€™m not sure if this would occur less often in a world where the presidency is downsized. Maybe? Itā€™s a good question.

I think the argument though is people are more open to being brainwashed by people who hold more power. For example a mayor of a town could never garner such unthinking support simply because his powers arenā€™t that interesting.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Just not sure if it would work in practice. Need to study more poli-sci I guess. (Or europe, for that matter)

I canā€™t imagine a useful government so small that I wouldnā€™t care how elected officials behave.

Thatā€™s true at all levels of govā€™t.