Phones are a status symbol?

Square one for ignition, round one for doors.

4 Likes

I thought is one of the older posters here. I have no memory of needing two keys for the car.

Oldsmobile definitely had two keys up through 80s, same with Isuzu, those were the vehicle brands my parents and grandparents had that I learned to drive in the 90s.

I don’t from the time I started driving, but I seem to recall that my parents had separate keys when I was little.

Did your first car require having to carry around a crank to get the engine started? :slight_smile:

Nope. DTNF walked himself around.

1 Like

Well, maybe I just don’t remember, then. I drove an Oldsmobile in the late 70s.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

2 Likes

And don’t touch that thermostat!!! What, are we made of money or something???

1 Like

This sounds like a brand name I’d make up to make fun of my fellow GoActuaryers

1 Like

My spouse’s dream car is an Oldsmobile 442 :smile:

I bet there’s a dealer in Hicksville (also a real town name)

The 442 is very cool, unless we’re talking about the one from the 1990s. I’ve always been very partial to the first-gen Camaro, but if we’re talking dream car: Shelby Cobra or gullwing Benz.

My family had a 1952 Buick in the 1990s. Straight 8 engine, and a three-on-the-tree manual transmission that was not synchronized. Oil bath air filter. It was pretty cool to tool around in.

And yep, two keys. Same for my 1966 Galaxie and my 1968 Chevelle.

Good to see we’re all a bunch of young hip people here.

Well . . . I’m not looking at replacing that joint anytime in the next 10-20 years.

Ok, Zoomer.

My phone, like my personality, is boring AF.

download

1 Like

I didn’t buy it to have a phone. I have a landline at home. I have a phone at the office. I don’t want to chat on the phone when I’m out and about.

I bought a treo as an upgrade from my palm pilot, that also did email. My next upgrade also worked as a phone, but that was never a feature i valued. I wanted a pocket calendar/address book/email/web browsing device.

I was late to texting, too.

But due to family changes, i actually need a cell phone for the first time in my life.

(But i still don’t use it as a phone when I’m home. I live in a cellular dead spot. Everyone who visits complains, because even texts aren’t reliable in my house.)

I like to hold my phone way up by my ear so everyone notices and casually yell YEAH, YEAH … YEAH, I’M TALKING ON A CELL PHONE!