People keep trying to sidestep my manager

They usually do not reply to a poster. Not yet, at least.
(I have not looked at all of them, as they get deleted, but to me it looks as if someone is hiring a bot company to search the web for comments about products like their own, then create an account, AND post a clearly non-human comment.)

Difficult to tell if they’ve replied to the last poster in the thread; but agree that they’ve not replied to someone that is clearly not that last poster.

But a lot of these “bot” posts will wait some days (weeks, perhaps) and then edit their post to add a link to some product. And I guess that somehow, the bot owner gets some form of “credit” or payment for having an active link on the interwebz.

I haven’t done much re marketing/web design in years so no idea what matters now, but # of links TO a website used to be part of the ranking algorithm. I suspect the quality of those links (see SL’s comment above about quality and SOA) matter much more than quantity at this point.

I am not a bot. I am also on Reddit but am looking for a new platform with more experienced actuaries like myself.

1 Like

Your Reddit posts are very non-bot-like. :slight_smile:

Welcome. Sorry about the paranoia; bot-generated spam has been an annoyance here.

1 Like

I am also a human thing about doing human things like joining a job and constructing a family

2 Likes

Smoothie. Ignore the email. Problem solved

That’s exactly what a bot would say.

2 Likes

That’s a fair point.

1 Like