Okay, you suburbanites have a point

I do not deep fry anything. Not worth the mess for a flavor I can get just about anywhere. For those that do deep fry, what do you do with the used oil?

1 Like

It would be nice to eat deep fried food all year round and not have to wait for the fair in October, but would you have bulls with big cahones in your backyard as well? It seems like you might need to move further out, past the suburbs and into the country.

I don’t deep fry all that often, maybe 1-2 times per year. It makes the whole house smell for a time.

I do enjoy having a yard, though. I can compost and let my dog out back and not share walls and split the cost of fences.

I don’t live in the suburbs, though. Still pretty urban, but not downtown. Maybe it would seem “suburban” to someone who lives in a high rise. Having lived in the burbs, it’s a nice middle ground. No HOA, walkability, older homes with character, etc.

1 Like

Only to harvest Rocky Mountain oysters for dinner.

Yup. The first year we were married we experimented with all kinds of cooking, including deep frying. Came out great. And then we had a pot of used oil that we eventually had to dispose of. Not worth it. Deep fried is best done in a commerical kitchen, where they can reuse the oil several times before it goes bad.

Clintonville? My brother lived there on Oakland Park.

I would pinpoint grilling out as the best cooking we suburbanites do in our backyard. Steaks, burger, pork chops, or if you get fancy smoked meats. Those are the highlights to me.

1 Like

Yes, that’s my neighborhood.