New Music Game

bumping for more entries!

Ok who took my song?

Gave this one a little extra time (til Wednesday morning sometime) since there are a lot of choices and maybe harder to remember/rank due to lack of lyrics.

Did you choose a different song by the same artist instead? If so :wave:

No but I’d did consider submitting one of the Satriani songs.

Song with no lyrics

0 voters

I screwed up at least 1 link in the previous post with the poll. I’ve reposted it here. Since there were 0 votes when i deleted the last poll and put the new one here, no harm no foul!

1 Like

There are 3 that I am into, 2 of which I am deciding between for my vote. I will say I was unfamiliar with the majority of these songs/artists.

Wasn’t Sirius submitted for the epic intro week? Maybe I just considered submitting it and it wasn’t the one I chose.

Yeah, I am wrong. It wasn’t submitted. It was one that I thought of as an epic intro as it slides into Eye in the Sky

Lot’s of these songs are familiar. I will listen to them all. Everybody knows that Joe Satriani was in Deep Purple for a few months once, right?

I expected YY-Zed to be submitted and it wasn’t. I was also hoping for someone knowledgeable to submit something from Buckethead.

I considered submitting Atom Heart Mother from Pink Floyd but wasn’t sure how many would want to listen through a 23 minute piece of music.

And not sure how I forgot about Samba Pa Ti by Carlos Santana that might be one of my favorites by him.

I didn’t realize Deep Purple was a band…

egads :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

How old are you anyway?

Quick googling shows me that Deep Purple was biggest in the 60s and 70s. I was not born yet.

I’m a millennial (1981-1996)

Didn’t remember that but googles tell me he toured with them for a bit in the 90s.

My most lasting memory of Deep Purple is Ian Gillian as Judas in the original Jesus Christ Superstar.

During the off season I’m planning to post a couple anonymous polls about generation and music tastes.

Speaking of which, next week will be the last of the season! Anybody have an idea about how to re-introduce some artists that have been used in season 1? (I want to allow some of the to be chosen again but not a lot)

Disqualify the winners and second place artists.

Allow everyone else.

1 Like

Maybe each person who submitted at least one song can save one artist each.

I don’t know that he DIDN’T play Judas at some point, but on the original 1971 London Cast recording LP, Gillan was the title role of Jesus.

1 Like

Jesus/Judas two sides of the same coin right? Can’t blame for mixing that up after all these years. But Judas definitly had the best songs in that.

This is a tough vote. Seven I already knew and liked. I listed to them all and none of the 4 that were new to me were enjoyable to me.

So I have to vote for a song I like but a song that is not new to me. I cannot vote for my own submission, so I have 6 to choose from. Do I vote for the artist I like best or the song I like best. decisions, decisions …