New Music Game

Maybe I should have submitted something from The Grey Album by DJ Danger Mouse/The Beatles/Jay-Z.

Cute Without the E was the song I immediately thought of when I heard two singers, but listening to it I didn’t think the sounds were “distinct” enough for the category, which is why I ended up submitting Love the Way you Lie.

I’ve never heard Body Talks, or anything by the Struts for that matter, and it was such a catchy song. I thought Little Talks was another good one for this category - I like this song and like how they go back and forth with each other.

Congrats to @DeepPurple for the big win this week.
@OldTimer gets points for 2nd place
@MayanActuary get on the scoreboard on the first try with 3rd

Round 10: submit a song that makes you laugh

Does not have to be a parody, but can be (and considering the amount of comedic songs out there that will probably be it’s own category some week)

Let’s shoot for Friday around lunchtime for all entries to come in.

Popcorn :popcorn:

A song that makes you laugh

0 voters

Rough topic for me this week, I suspect I’ll get no votes. I’m actually voting for a song I don’t like musically, since it gave me an actual chuckle.

I thought of a few good ones listening to these. Wish that inspiration had struck me earlier

2 Likes

I have already thought of better choices since the poll went up

2 Likes

I can’t ever remember laughing at a song. Music doesn’t seem to do that to me. That’s why I didn’t enter a song this week. I’ll listen to these and see if I change my opinion.

I considered a couple of Garfunkle & Oats songs for this category but ultimately submitted something else.

Hm. No Lonely Island. If I’d been paying attention probably would’ve thrown one of those out.

Didn’t get around to submitting - and quite NSFW

Enormous Penis - YouTube

I avoided that because “New Music Game”. If I’m going to vote for something widely known it has to be a full head above the others.

Fair point. That makes sense.

Yeah, I wasn’t around to make a submission last week, but had I, I would have submitted The Loophole by Garfunkel and Oates. Very funny. Definitely NSFW

Well you can all vote even if you didn’t submit.

more votes!

There were 2 I went back and forth on.

Almost all of these songs are new to me. I’m trying to decide if I should vote for one that made me laugh (or at least chuckle) or one I enjoy but I don’t see the humor of.

Except for my submission and Weird Al all were new to me as well. 2 of them I found at least amusing so I chose between those 2.