New Music Game

I’m sorry; it was the first thing to come to mind. I had some second thoughts as I feared it might be viewed as kind of a lazy submission since the movie centers around musicians (rather than a more clever use of diagetic music) but it is a fantastic song in a pretty good film.

Just a reminder if you haven’t messaged me your submission, please do so by this evening! The topic for this week is to submit a song about money.

This week I learned that Money Changes Everything was not originally done by Cindi Lauper but rather some Atlanta band called the The Brains.

Missed opportunity from round 6?
(Although you handily won that round)

I was just surprised one of those “I didn’t know that was a cover” songs. There were a ton of money songs though. YouTube had. Whole playlist across multiple genres.

1 Like

Here are the options for this week. Poll is open until Wednesday.

Round 8: Song About Money

0 voters

1 Like

I can’t decide is I like the Spinal Tap version or the Thamesman version better. Remind me which one had a drummer die in a gardening accident?

1 Like

Best leave that…unsolved, really.

Difficult vote - knew most of the suggestions, also didn’t care for a lot of them. Two I didn’t know and also didn’t dislike, picked one I liked better.

Theme suggestions (disclosure, I have ideas for a couple of these but might change my mind anyway):

• Humorous songs
  • Songs about animals
  • Sad/mournful songs
  • Pump-up music, or dance party music
2 Likes

So The Thamesmen were Spinal Tap and Spinal Tap were The Thamesmen?

Yes the fictional band had an even older fictional origin band.

1 Like

But now we have two songs that are exactly the same, even the same video, albeit different video quality. Luckily, I didn’t need to pick one over the other.

Well crap… I did not watch the video, only made sure no one submitted a song that had already been submitted in terms of the same artist.

My second choice, not for voting: Jessica Rabbit Why Don't You Do Right HD - YouTube

Also could have worked for diegetic music, would have been a better pick than what I gave!

I’ll count all votes for Spinal Tap together and then figure out something for points for the winners

IDK, Spinal Tap taking votes away from Spinal Tap seems like one of the most Spinal Tap things ever.

2 Likes

Tap should get 11 votes!

2 Likes

1 Like

Remember to vote if you haven’t already! Poll closes at noon.

1 Like