New Music Game

Lol, that was quick. Doubt it was me but hey you never know.

This makes sense & creates the distinction between a musical, where the characters express emotion through song for no apparent reaason, versus shows where the characters know they’re singing.

I think this clears my entry as okay. :+1:

1 Like

Bumping for any more entries. Try to get them in tonight, up to like 9 or so right now

I’ll do it if nobody else wants to.

Looks like you might get the job. Thanks for volunteering

Submit a (diegetic) song from a movie or tv show

0 voters

Poll out early this week as advertised. It goes without saying that songs in this game sometimes have language/themes that possibly could maybe once in a while not be the most suitable for work…I’ve marked the Reservoir Dogs link as maybe NSFW because of violence in the clip.

Maybe there might be plot spoilers in some of these clips too? Depending on your definition of spoiler. The Reservoir Dogs and Elizabethtown clips probably come the closest to being a plot spoiler?

Enjoy!

Oh I also didn’t put the artists in the poll, but instead the movie/show. It’s kind of ambiguous this week and I’ll make a final call on which artists to remove from future considerations later.

Somehow I woke up this morning and immediately realized I should have submitted Back to the Future, glad it was submitted. Not sure if I’m voting for it yet however.

Can’t wait to see who sniped my original pick!

Oh, how did I not submit: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - Black Sheep [HD] - YouTube

Like the freaking embodiment of diegetic music, the music is fully integral to the entire movie! I think I need to rewatch it tonight.

Can I vote even without having submitted something? I have a strong favorite.

I hope that’s allowed because I voted in round 1 without having submitted anything.

1 Like

I am surprised that Say Anything is missing from the list.

We’ll allow it! (The rules also explicitly allow it, not just almighty mod’s good nature)

1 Like

Did Bruce Springsteen write ‘On the Darkside’? It’s like a style cover of the E-Street Band

I also like how we have a variety in our entries, with some fictional artists playing original songs, some fictional artists/characters covering real songs, and some real songs being used in the plot

Sad someone didn’t submit “That Thing You Do”

It was my runner up submission. I really like that movie, plus it would not have usurped any band from further poll consideration since the Oh-Needers don’t really have any other songs.

I should have made an alt identity to submit it.

:redcard:

Though I expected to see that song too.

I thought for sure something from Spinal Tap would be submitted.

1 Like

Just found this thread. Probably would have submitted That Thing You Do! by the One-ders for this category.