New Music Game

Not many updates this week. Mod must be lagging behind :oh_noes:

I don’t even know if my submission was a duplicate!
:oh_noes:

Round 4 scoring:
@IPD gets 7
@Marcie gets 4
@OutdoormanNowActuary gets 4

Totals are being updated at the top of the thread.

I don’t think I had responded to anyone. I did look at them, I don’t think there were any duplicates

Flog the intern.

A song with non-English lyrics

0 voters

poll will close on Wednesday middle-workday-ish

1 Like

Something to also consider:

There are some artist who put together an album that tells a story throughout (think Pink Floyd’s The Wall)

Be interesting to put together a list of these types of albums, listen to all of the songs and vote for the “best” song that represents the album’s story . . . then have a vote for best story.

Ohh now thats an interesting concept

woops…switch the artist/song title order for Bilingue by Snow Tha Product.

I see what you did there.

I don’t think I have anytime today to listen to the entrants so probably no vote from me. Sorry.

Was already familiar with 99 Luftballoons (had it as an alternate in the color round, but forgot about it here), Feliz Navidad and Avalancha.

99 Luftballoons is a jam. Probably the best song of the group.
Feliz Navidad is annoying, and I wanted to immediately write it off. But I listened, and it’s actually pretty decent.
Avalancha is an absolute rocker.

Of the ones I didn’t know, I liked:

Coraline - Maneskin: Solid. Love the transitions of the song, and each of them on their own.
Julieta Venagas - Limon y Sal: Okay. Decent. The hook is good. Music video is a trip.
Shakalabbits - Pivot: Good enough to get a mention here.
Snow Tha Product - Bilingual: Second best of the unknowns. The english to spanish rap is pretty solid in places.

1 Like

When my brother and I get together during Christmas we always rank our top 10 favorite songs of the year, and also our top 5 Christmas songs of all time (it changes occasionally), and sometimes a least favorite Christmas songs list. Feliz Navidad is always in my top 5 x-mas songs. Something about it

Coraline was #2 for me. It started off kind of boring and I was thinking it would stay like that the whole way through, but it got better when there was contrast.

Bumping for more votes! Got a few more hours or so I think

:iatp: But I was already familiar with it (also had the English version as an alternate submission for the color round), so it didn’t get my vote. I do wonder how accurate the YouTube translation of the German lyrics is, because if those were the words, Nena should have written more songs directly in English.

This song is like the anti-Round3 entry - all chorus, all day.

TIL: “kiss me” in Japanese is “kiss me” or there’s such a thing as Japanglish. Also, No Doubt translated to Japanese = Shakalabbits

This round made me wish for ranked-choice voting.

2 Likes

Woohoo! I was worried hip-hop wouldn’t get anything on here.

I’m very disappointed in all of you.

Congrats this week to @YankeeTripper @Marcie and @Rastiln for earning points!

The next category is based on a classic thread from the AO

Round 6 - Submit a cover song that is better than the original