New Music Game

I figure that if there’s a specific version of a song I submit, I’ll send a link.

For example, I would’ve submitted One Vision by Queen for the current topic (but Queen was knocked out); and there are a few different cuts of the song–a radio version, their initial album release version, and their extended mix–and it would’ve been the extended mix version that I’d want to use for this particular topic; and I’d send in a link.

Otherwise, I’ve been sending in submissions that aren’t difficult to google up.

Yeah but isn’t it easier for IPD to just take the link you provide than track it down for 7 to 10 entrants?

Anyway, @IPD same deadline for submission? This Sunday?

1 Like

Well, sure, easier for @IPD, but what about for me? :wink:

It’s going to be roughly the same total effort both ways, right? But @IPD is already doing us a service by running this game. I figure that the least I can do (literally) is make it easier by including a link. I have submitted songs both ways in past weeks but will include links on all going forward.

This week I found multiple versions of my song both with & without the epic intro, so getting the right link is very important.

2 Likes

I considered a song with an epic live intro but most versions of the song did not have the same epic intro so decided to go a different song.

1 Like

I completely misread the topic and thought it was supposed to be about an epic story…

2 Likes

Oof! I forgot to come back and check on this. Oh well, I’ll save it for later. I’d also considered 2 of the other submissions so glad to see them up there.

Pretty familiar with 6 of these songs and in addition to my submission considered submitting 4 others that made the list. Couple omissions I’m surprised about is no Enter Sandman and nothing by Van Halen. But I certainly look forward to the ones I’m not familiar with and look is like I’ve got today’s music playlist for the day.

2 Likes

Thank you to whoever submitted Welcome to the Black Parade! I hadn’t heard that song in years

My analysis paralysis and laziness made me miss this. Sending to @IPD now, but not sure if the poll can be updated.

There were several that I expected to see that nobody listed, like
Boston’s Foreplay/Longtime
Eruption by If you have to ask you know nothing, Jon Snow
Baba O Reilly would be a good fit if not for The Who being out already
Lazy by Deep Purple
The Chain by Fleetwood Mac
Hotel California

I am out and about the next couple days, I am not really available to switch things up on mobile… that said you can post your song and if people like it I can give you some future considerations

Maybe like this post if you want to vote for me.

While this narrows down which entry I think is yours, it doesn’t single yours out to me.

1 Like

I like the music here, but like a few other entries this week, it feels like it’s about an epic story, or that the piece is itself an epic intro (like a musical overture) than that it has an epic intro, if that makes any sense.

Rastlin gotta say I don’t like the pirates as much as the GoT and don’t like the GoT enough to vote it in over several other entries

1 Like

I’m kind of torn between a song that’s somewhat new to me and and song I almost submitted.

1 Like

just pick mine!

woops. just realized i allowed the poll to be visible once you voted… uhh yeah i’ll try not to do that in the future

Yeah, I was going between like six songs and wasn’t sure the vibe of the room so went for a safe one instead of what I usually actually go for. I’ll see how weird works next time.