New Music Game

Songs about law enforcement.

I have two in mind already.

Do we get to make suggestions for future categories?

1 Like

He-- YES!

Doesn’t mean that IPD will take any, though.

2 Likes

LoL at least 5 songs in that list I considered submitting.

I accidentally created a multi-choice poll…

It’s early enough where I will re-create the poll… so sorry about that… Poll is being recreated as of 12:42EDT on Monday!

song without a repeating shorus

0 voters

In case anyone already voted…

You’ll need to vote again…there was a problem with the last poll.

@Vorian_Atreides
@Kat987
@YankeeTripper
@OutdoormanNowActuary
@OldTimer
@DeepPurple
@Marcie
@Celalta
@AbstractActuary
@BG5150

3 Likes

The universe of music exploration is a beautiful thing. One of the best parts, is when you spend a lot of time in that universe and still realize / recognize why some of “those same 20 songs” or maybe more accurately, those same 20 artists, are / were the best there is.

Having participated in many battle of the bands, it is nice to be able to submit the true best of the best, without restriction.

In addition, the format (a day or two to vote) does not lend itself to submitting unknown music. Those contests allowed 2 weeks to vote, and for many of us, we would listen to each song 5-100 times. As most of us know, the first listen to a song (even the 5th) will not necessarily always hit you in that perfect way. It wasn’t until I had listened to the songs 10+ times in multiple orders, sometimes multiple times a day, sometimes giving it a 3 day break in between, before you fully start to figure out which songs you really like and which you don’t.

2 Likes

^I guess it will also depend how people vote since there is no real objective criteria on how folks vote.

The game is intended to introduce people to new music, not necessarily to critically think about the songs like a 2 week version of the game would have. What I hope is that players see some songs/artists they haven’t heard before and add them to their playlists or expand their musical tastes in some way.

The competitive nature is intended to keep the experience lively and popular. I think that as more popular bands start to dwindle away, we’ll get a more diverse selection of voting options.

1 Like

I’ve already added a few songs to my everyday playlist that were submitted in this game.

1 Like

In regards to this question, I sort of have a list of categories I randomly pick from each week. Submit any sort of reasonable category and I’ll add it to my list.

Songs VA is sure to dislike

Songs of the postal worker(s)

1 Like

I’d be curious to see how you vote in this category.

The anti-Cliff Claven

1 Like

Voting is over, it looks like we have 3 winners

‘checks closely’

again?

‘double checks’

Please do not vote for your own songs…

After removing a self-vote from War Pigs, DeepPurple will take 7 points for solo first place, and Marcie will take home 5 points for solo second place.

BG, Kat, Celalta, and yours truly will split the 3rd place prize of 3 points for 0.75 each.

The overall scores will be updated above in post #4

Round #4:

Submit a song with an epic intro

To preemptively answer any questions. I am not the epic police. If you think of epic as distinctive, memorable, interesting, long, shocking, dramatic, loud, awesome, quirky, I’m sure it will be okay with the voters. Or not, I’m only 1 voter…

Make your case to the voters not me.

Happy submitting!

Also, artists that can’t be used: check post #3 or…I guess I’ll paste them here…
Bad Company
Beach Boys
The Beatles
Billy Joel
Black Sabbath
Bruce Springsteen
Chevelle
Cream
Daughtry
Fairport Convention
Jefferson Airplane
Jimi Hendrix Experience