Mocking poor grammar, spelling, and word misuse for our own amusement

What’s the theme?

Honestly I don’t completely understand it, but we’re supposed to wear green.

It is a one month delayed St Patrick’s Day party?

:laughing:

No, kid’s birthday party. Or more specifically a party with more adults than kids where there will be fun & games for the kids and which will celebrate the birthday of one of the kids, but is also largely an excuse for the adults to day-drink.

Who’s driving the kids home?

I think most of the guests live within walking distance, but maybe not all. I guess those parents have to watch their alcohol intake just like any other party.

Thread to mock and entertain ourselves with other people’s poor understanding of what words really mean

With a screwdriver? Do they need to carve a helical ridge into me before hand?

You hope so.

1 Like

I didn’t know that I was screwed into a single dollar, let alone multiples.

Well, if it ever happens, you know who to call.

2 Likes

Thread to entertain ourselves by mocking other people’s poor grammar…and speeling…
Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaner Rental 95371 - The Home Depot

The team member in charge of commas must have been spacing out .

I like to clean my upholtery with lots of spaces too.

1 Like

So I read the title and assume the object of the mockery is ourselves, since it’s lacking a comma. Is the title meant to be meta?

2 Likes

Yes…that thread title needs a little help…in the meantime, I’m going to throw the cow over the fence some hay.

edit: fiksed…I hope.

There’s a FB Group called “Lynchburg Bad Drivers”. The stupidity is so high on every side (driver, poster, reply-ers - especially the people who condone said behaviors)

1 Like

BH&G:

Better Homes & Grammar, amirite?

1 Like

You’re what you eat.

1 Like

IFYP

1 Like

Isn’t ‘you’re’ just a contraction of ‘you are’? So, though awkward sounding, isn’t 'you are what you eat" the same thing?

Side note:

The other day, my wife asked me if I was going to the store. i said: “I’m.”

“You’re what?”

“I’m going to the the store. That’s what I said.”

With all the lazy shortcuts people take with the language, why can’t ‘I’m’ take the place of ‘I am’ in all instances?